Ohana CK-42R - for Philippine Typhoon Appeal

filipinouker

Reaction score
SOLD!!! For double the asking price + 25% Gift Aid!!! EVERY penny sent to the Tearfund Philippines Typhoon Relief. God bless you!!!

-------------------------------
I am selling my Ohana CK-42R (concert sized, limited edition sinker redwood soundboard) --- for a good cause: the Philippine Typhoon Appeal. £250, incl hard case. Shipping costs to be paid by buyer.

For more details, please go to this facebook link (yes, my name is Shaggy!!!). You will find other items in the album, but it is the Ohana ukulele that I am drawing your attention to.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...177.1073741831.1377417135&type=1&l=3c7aad13c5

Buy any of these items for yourself - or buy them for someone you love. EVERY penny you pay will go to TearFund - Philippines Typhoon Appeal www.tearfund.org/en/news/philippines_typhoon/ PM me for questions or more details.

filipinouker

Last edited:
Do you have to be a member of Facebook for the link to work? Nothing comes up for me.

I was interested in the CK-42R and in trying to research it further, found your post here (9/12) when you purchased it. Why are you selling it after just over a year? You described its incredible sound and you seemed so excited about it and "well chuffed". :) Did it not end up living up to your expectations?

Last edited:
Mike, she's selling because she's donating every dollar she can to Philippine Typhoon Relief. She has family there.

Mike, thank you for your response. Ginny is correct: I am selling my Ohana uke, among other things, to help my fellow Filipinos. I cannot describe to you how tearful I am to do this because I LOVE THIS UKE. It is my best uke - I have used it for fingerpicking and classical pieces.

BUT my "pain" (if I can call it that!) is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compared to what millions in my country are going through. I am in the UK - this is what I can do at the moment....

EVERY penny for this sale will go to TearFund Philippines Typhoon Appeal.

Hopefully this link will work. Let me know if it's still not working...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...177.1073741831.1377417135&type=1&l=3c7aad13c5

Last edited:
Thanks Cloverdale Kid... I think it's not radical enough... But it's what I can do - for the moment!

I hope that donations will swell that fund without the sale of your uke. I donated a couple days ago to Doctors Without Borders, which has a specific Philippine Relief Fund.

Thanks for the link, I was able to get through. I see from your response that your decision to sell was driven by your passion for the cause, not a waning love for this particular uke. I know there are a lot of people here who wouldn't part with a treasured uke for anything so I bet it is very difficult for you to do so. Your Ohana is a beauty. Good luck with the sale.

This ukulele is now SOLD!!! For double the asking price + 25% Gift Aid!!! EVERY penny sent to the Tearfund Philippines Typhoon Relief. God bless you!!!

Congratulations on the sale! I had a question for you and tried to send a PM but your mailbox is full.

Top Bottom