Closing down YouTube?

I've long had a YouTube account. It's under a pseudonym, like most of them.

Now it looks as if I can't access it.

What's going on here?

If the notion is to have people put their email addresses as the user name, it's bound to fail.

You need a Google+ account now to comment on youtube now.

Google says it's to prevent inflammatory comments. (It's not working for that.)

It actually an attempt to use youtube to force people to join Google+. (It probably won't work for that either.)

They are pushing that Google+ thing so hard it's becoming ridiculous. I stopped using Gmail because it kept prompting me to create a Google+ page. I don't even have a Facebook page, so... buh-bye, Google.

This is exactly why I am not updating YouTube. Just more crap to remember. I have enough crap to remember as it is.

Google's handcuffing of its users to Google+ is shameful, and they are dirtbags for doing it.

Rich dirtbags, but dirtbags. nonethless. :D

On the positive side, I was looking at a video of a killer guitarist who also happens to be slim, young and female, and all of the lewd comments made in months and years past appear now under the commenters' real names. How I laughed.

Let's hope some people lose their jobs/ futures in the near future.

Last edited:
F.Y.I.
I saw these copied and pasted all over the comments sections on videos today by many many many people.
You are not alone in your views.

░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is building an army.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ☻/︻╦╤─ This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████]. /▌ Copy and Paste this all over
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. / \ YouTube if you are with us

F.Y.I.
I saw these copied and pasted all over the comments sections on videos today by many many many people.
You are not alone in your views.

░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is building an army.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ☻/︻╦╤─ This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████]. /▌ Copy and Paste this all over
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. / \ YouTube if you are with us

Lol, I think a few hundred of them are mine !!

Part of the motivation seems to be an attempt to deal with the rampant troll comments on YT. Apparently G+ has better ways to minimize that sort of thing.

It also seems like they got rid of the captcha filters.

Yeah, a major "thumbs down" to Google/YouTube for this move. I get that they want to improve the quality of comments, etc., but forcing people to comply with having our YouTube pages linked to Google+ is awful, IMHO. I believe there is supposed to be some way to maintain our screen names and not show our real names (I guess not for the commenting part, tho?) but, it sounds like it will take way too much time to figure out how to do it all. I have been avoiding Google + as long as I can; in fact, I can't even read new comments posted since this recent change over because I haven't converted over to Google+. I dumped my Facebook page over a year ago so I don't want to belong to another social networking site. Is there any other like alternative to YouTube? Vimeo? Any advice is appreciated because I am going to probably being shutting down my YouTube account at this rate.

I'm getting tee'd off with it as well.
I wanted to sign on to the Thunderbird forum for assistance with a problem I am having with their email software.
To post I have to log on, but to log on I have to use a log in from Google or some other company that I have no knowledge of, plus I have to give them the rights use any/all of my information for them to do as they wish.
If you don't agree to that then you cannot sign in, so you cannot ask for assistance.
Very poor show!
Google in their greed are ruining the internet.
h

I guess I agree with the comments that Google has made things worse. However, I don't seem to have any troubles. I set up a google+ account for free. I do not use it for any other purposes than comments on the UU forums. It remembers my log in and password whenever I go to youtube so I don't have to worry about logging in each time. There is a bell in the upper right hand corner of youtube that tells me when comments are made to my videos or replies to comments I have made about someone else's videos. Just me, but it still seems pretty easy to use.....

my you tube is freezing on me now...got to do a forced shut down... I selected something and said yes I wanted to have a secure line on you tube on IE,
maybe I should have said no.. anyways it was an acronym h something...anybody have any ideas...it works fine on mozilla firefox though... I am getting fustrated it started 3 days ago.. shoots

I wish Facebook would buy Youtube. Would make my life simpler.

You've hit it, Freeda. This is Facebook's opportunity to create their own video channel.

I'd switch over in a heartbeat if they could accommodate vids of over 5 min and have adjustable privacy settings per video.

And a quick google search says the limit is 10 min and the settings are adjustable. SWEET.

Top Bottom