FS: New Concert Cigar Box Uke by Black Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

Here is a new concert size cigar box ukulele made from an old redwood 1886 cigar
box. These boxes have a unique quality that makes a great mellow sounding uke unlike
any other. The top is thinned and properly braced for the best possible volume and
sustain. The neck is made of Mango wood and has a graphite truss rod for life long
durability and strength. The head plate, finger board and bridge are a multi-colored
wooden "crazy quilt" or mosaic pattern of local and exotic hardwoods. The frets are
larger than standard for easy playing and there are 18 total, all clear of the body.
The playing scale length is 15". It has a bone nut and bridge saddle. The friction
tuners are chrome Grover brand with hand-made "Lollipop" plastic knobs in red, blue,
green and yellow. It has Worth BM brand strings. The finish is nitrocellulose
lacquer. The playing action is easy and the intonation is accurate. Your complete
satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in
the USA. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal
check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks
for looking.

Was $750 ----Was $650----Now $500

Attachments

• 2013-11-14 Cigar box uke -a.jpg
    2013-11-14 Cigar box uke -a.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 466
  • 2013-11-14 Cigar box uke -b.jpg
    2013-11-14 Cigar box uke -b.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 2013-11-14 Cigar box uke -c.jpg
    2013-11-14 Cigar box uke -c.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 2013-11-14 Cigar box uke -d.jpg
    2013-11-14 Cigar box uke -d.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Duane, that is absolutely stunning..."All I want for Christmas is (insert "a BB cigar box uke" in place of "my two front teeth!")" Wowzers, just an incredible-looking instrument!!! :cool:

Thanks for the comments. This is the 5th crazy quilt patterned uke I have made using these 1886 cigar boxes. I've made about 85 cigar box ukes now and these boxes are getting harder to find in good condition. They are fun to design and it always amazes me how good they sound.

That is a true work of art. Just fantastic!

Where did you get the lollipop tuning knobs? I can't find them online.

Thanks

PS: Looks great. Good luck with the sale.

Surprised this amazingly beautiful and unique cigar box uke is still around.
Love that "patch work" look of different woods and purfling.

attachment.php

Come on folks ... Someone buy this before I have to! I'm torn between this one and the macadamia also for sale.

Just Sent PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom