Any interest in a Ludwig "Wendell Hall" Ukulele Banjo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPO

Reaction score
I have a Ludwig aquired in an estate sale. It needs a bit of work, new vellum,bridge,one tuner. Missing five tension bolts sometimes avilable on ebay. Complete with original case. For the most part in excellent condition for an instrument eighty odd years old. PM me if interested.
Regards
Dennis

Just installed a new vellum and new friction tuners. The tuners fit the holes without any modification and the originals will be included. Tomorrow when the vellum has dryed out I will string it up.
Regards
Dennis

Photos added

I have added photos of the Ludwig as it now looks. Installed new calfskin vellum. new ebony tipped bridge, new friction tuners without modifying the headstock in any way, (Original tuners will be included) new Aquila strings. Now fully playable, still needs 5 tension bolts but this in no way affects the instruments playability. Make an offer.

Attachments

• WH8.jpg
    WH8.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 75
  • WH9.jpg
    WH9.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 69
  • WH10.jpg
    WH10.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 61
  • WH11.jpg
    WH11.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 65
Will get some pictures up tomorow. Price? Well it's worth what a willing buyer will pay, and a willing seller will accept. Make me an offer.

ok, what are you willing to accept, assuming you are willing

OMG! What a find.

ok, what are you willing to accept, assuming you are willing
Well if you research Ludwigs the WH models tend to fetch around $1500 in good condition with original case. In the UK much more. Andy Eastwood has valued it at £1400
Regards
Dennis

If you're on facebook, search for the "Banjolele Underground" group. This forum is more focused on wooden ukes.
Thanks, I don't do facebook, it is listed on Andy Eastwoods site in the UK , having said that I sell most of my banjo ukes here. :)

Thanks, I don't do facebook, it is listed on Andy Eastwoods site in the UK , having said that I sell most of my banjo ukes here. :)
Uke is now sold. £1350.00 =US$2190.
Regards
Dennis

Hi all!
Dennis just sold it to me! Now I have the second WH in Sweden, I Think! Or first? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom