Wolverton Ukulele

Stevelele

Reaction score
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?89059-Redwood-amp-Pau-Ferro-Tenor

I got a new ukulele from Jason Wolverton. Some of you might know that I've played a lot of custom ukuleles. I've gotta say, I absolutely love this one. It's amazing. He could've sold this uke for $3500. I suggest you guys get in touch with him ASAP. The tones are punchy, yet warm, and the uke is so so beautiful and easy to play. I just love it.

Is there a rule about not mentioning the price of a ukulele on this site. I find so often that when someone talks about their newly arrived custom, with photos, they don't mention the price. I've had no qualms talking about the price I've paid for my ukes, but I do get self conscious when I see that no one else does. In this case, the price is alluded to so specifically, but never told. How much was the uke?

I added up the cost of my six ukes, which came to $910, so I thought I'd look at what a custom would cost, the first web site I went to was about $3000 for a very exotic one with extras. I figured I have the fun of using six nice ukes that are all a little different, and relish in the fact that I got all of them for less than half the going price. (Maybe when I get my inheritance, will I take the plunge for a custom and sell the others.)

Also, did the site get hacked again? What's the post about wigs?

Last edited:
Oh, he's talking about wigs. I thought he found hair growing from his ukulele's nose or something.

I listened to Manha de Carnival by Luis Bonfa, the link you gave, the uke sounds incredible and the song, wow, very peaceful and relaxing, sigh :)

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?89059-Redwood-amp-Pau-Ferro-Tenor

I got a new ukulele from Jason Wolverton. Some of you might know that I've played a lot of custom ukuleles. I've gotta say, I absolutely love this one. It's amazing. He could've sold this uke for $3500. I suggest you guys get in touch with him ASAP. The tones are punchy, yet warm, and the uke is so so beautiful and easy to play. I just love it.

Aloha Steve,
congrats....ah you finally got your wolverton..glad you like it...Happy Strummings.... Did you get your Devine yet?

Congrats on the uke Steve!!!

@kohanmike the price of jason Wolvertons ukes are on his website for all to see.
They are usually $1500.
You can get a custom from covered bridge well under $1000, they are members here.
You can also try boat paddle. They are more expensive but still below $910. Here is the price list http://www.boatpaddleukuleles.com/instruments.php

I listened to Manha de Carnival by Luis Bonfa, the link you gave, the uke sounds incredible and the song, wow, very peaceful and relaxing, sigh :)

This!! Beautiful. Enjoy!

@Ipcmlr, thank you. When I get to the point of having a custom made, I'll have to do some deeper research. For now I'm happy with the ones I have.

Last edited:

That is one of The Most Beautiful Looking And Sounding tenor ukuleles I have encountered; congratulations on a spectacular uke!

congrats Steve! You should show some close up pics so that we can enjoy its beauty

Very nice Steve! I think you have a keeper. More pics please. :)

Steve is right. Just received my cedar/pau ferro tenor from Jason Wolverton.

Wow. Incredible instrument. Complex, rich, sound with lots of deep tone and nice crisp highs.

Short initial sound sample in B tuning (strings still stretching).
https://app.box.com/s/pjjy0eh2471rz1byb49r

It looks as good as it sounds too. The tenor is gorgeous, built with outstanding craftsmanship. It has a Pau Ferro back & sides with a cedar top. This uke has a herringbone rosette of lignum vitae, rosewood, and maple. There is matching purfling and cocobolo binding. The ebony fingerboard has 20 frets and a mahogany neck, beautifully finished with nitro lacquer. Has a cool matching Pau Ferro pick guard. Even the label is a unique work of art. Nothing may be perfect, but this uke is flawless.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sounds great Hodge. What kind of strings? And how would you describe the neck profile? Looking at some of his ukes on his web page they look fairly chunky.

Thanks for comments everyone.

Sounds great Hodge. What kind of strings? And how would you describe the neck profile? Looking at some of his ukes on his web page they look fairly chunky.

I'll have to check with Jason about the string type, but they look like fluorocarbon strings with a smooth, fairly squeak-less wound G. At the nut the neck thickness (including fretboard) is about 0.75" which is only 0.050" thicker than a Collings. So I wouldn't call it chunky. It has a D profile shape vs. a C shape. I prefer the D shape. The headstock with veneers is 11/16" thick. I believe mass at the headstock is good thing.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom