NUD: Kala ASLAT - Lacewood Tenor

Tikiden

Reaction score
Another entry into the Kala Club!!

It's hard for me to pass on nice Solid-wood ukes, and this was no different. I purchased this wonderful Kala ASLAT Lacewood Tenor from my local Kala dealer who still had a brand new one in new in the box. I think they forgot they had it! Got a great deal on on it since I traded straight across my older electric guitar I wasn't using even for the Kala and a new Tenor Sized Hardshell case. It plays and sounds wonderful! I 'm really getting hooked on these very well-made lower priced Solid wood ukuleles!

Some pics:

SAM_0015.jpgSAM_0017.jpgSAM_0018.jpgSAM_0020.jpgSAM_0021.jpg

I also have a well-loved ASLAT. Happy playing!

May I request-- if either of you try different strings on yours, can you post the results? I'm replacing my Aquila set with D'Addario Pro Artes today to see what happens, and I'd love to hear if you've found something that is a better complement to the instrument. :)

Glad to see the love for the ASLAT!

Until this year, my default strings were Aquilas, but I really have taken a big liking to the Martin Fluorocarbons. I've been buying them several boxes at a clip as my local store sells strings where you purchase 2 boxes and get 1 box free.

Played one of these and I think they are easily one of Kala's best ukes ever. I would think there are better strings for it than Aquila's.

All I know about lacewood is that it's been in a few guitars. How does it affect things?

Very pretty uke! How does lacewood compare to mahogany/acacia/koa?

Congrats! They are really nice ukes for the money. I played a concert size at Sam Ash and fell in love....but alas, there was no room in my budget for it!

Very pretty uke! How does lacewood compare to mahogany/acacia/koa?

The one I played had a great balance of tones as is typical of a spruce topped uke. A little less mellow than solid mahogany, a little less bright than an acacia/koa, and great mid's. It had it's own sweetness and brightness.

Top Bottom