A fellowship and celebration for Michael Aratani (MGM) Please Join Us-

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
Saturday Nov 23 at Thirty Nine Hotel (in Honolulu) from 5pm we would like you to join us in remembrance of Michael Aratani, Musicguymic, MGM.
There will be pupus and live music, kani kapila so bring your instruments.

Thirty Nine Hotel Home Page
I realize you are most likely not on island. But if you are, you are welcome. I apologize if this doesn't work for you, hopefully it can. Contact me with any questions.
Aloha, Andrew
(808)781-9168
andrew@theukulelesite.com

Thanks Andrew.....

let me know if I can help in any way....

I wish I could be there. I don't suppose someone could figure out a way to stream the event live?

Scooter

That will be a fitting tribute. Wish I could be there.

Aloha Andrew....Mahalo bruddah..sound like an excellent idea and a great send off....woo hooo

I'm sure he'll be in many people's thoughts.

Here's an idea to consider...Maybe pick a simple song he really liked, post tabs ASAP, and then announce an appointed time during the celebration for those of us off island to join you virtually at the corresponding time in our various time zones, and we could recognize him globally. Maybe you could even ask people to post videos of them playing. Just an idea...

I'll be playing "Over The Rainbow" .

I will be sure to set the time aside to sit quietly and play for Mike. Mike made a huge impact, and I am sure his send off will too. Very fitting.

Little bit off the subject...but

yesterday I went to the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii show in Waikiki and spoke with Mike's friend Aaron O. he told me that most of the money they make goes to Ukes for Kids program here...

and pointed out at least 30-50 items...gigs bags mostly that Mike's family donated to them....so Mike still doing his thing now through other people...I hear that Aaron setting up the sound at Mike's celebration..it should be something special....

yesterday I went to the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii show in Waikiki and spoke with Mike's friend Aaron O. he told me that most of the money they make goes to Ukes for Kids program here...

and pointed out at least 30-50 items...gigs bags mostly that Mike's family donated to them....so Mike still doing his thing now through other people...I hear that Aaron setting up the sound at Mike's celebration..it should be something special....

Actually, a little bit of clarification - a number of Mike's items were donated to the UGH, some went on for auction where the proceeds supports the Guild, and quite a few instruments that needs some work (some as easy as a string install) will be worked on by Guild members and then donated to support Ukes for Kids.

And yes, 39 Hotel, next week Saturday, 5pm. Please spread the word - social media is how the "word" will get around. As I understand, we need to be out by 8, so hopefully a nice celebration for Mike. Thank you Andrew for setting this up.

And, I wanted to bump this :)

No need to be out by 8, but that's when it opens to the public.
Thanks Aaron. So glad to have your help.

Wish I could be there.

This event is this coming Saturday. I wish I could be there. i'm bumping the thread to keep the date in front of people.

Great idea Andrew...sorry I will not be in person but be there in spirit for MGM!!!
Aloha!!

Top Bottom