No Pono Deals?

kkimura

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anybody else notice that new mid and high end Ponos never seem to be discounted?

(Edited the title from "Now Pono Deals? too "No Pono Deals?")

Last edited:
There used to be a Pono tenor deluxe acacia with cut away that is similarly priced to this cedar top, I think up until earlier this week but now it's gone.

Anyway I'd really like to see deals on the new pro classic with radius fretboards.

Funny, I always thought there were tons of deals on high end Ponos. So much so that it seems silly to pay full price for a pro classic when there are so many factory seconds and used ones out there. Though if you want a specific model and require the new ones with the radius fretboard they are harder to find a deal on.

There used to be a Pono tenor deluxe acacia with cut away that is similarly priced to this cedar top, I think up until earlier this week but now it's gone.

Anyway I'd really like to see deals on the new pro classic with radius fretboards.

That's what I'm talking about. The new Pro Classics I see online are all at list price. The regular and Deluxe models are usually discounted. It must be "supply and demand" or that they are really that good.

Online stores like us usually go by MAP. (Minimum Advertised Price) allowed by the company. Which for Pono's regular line is 20%. On the Pro Classics the MAP is the full retail because the dealer discount is much less. The production cost of a pro classic will average 3 times that of a bare bones model. You can argue what it's worth to you but it's simply based on the cost.
As for us as a retailer, I don't believe in "supply and demand" pricing. We aren't allowed to discount these models.
But there's still seconds. Sometimes it will happen in our shop, or we send the wrong model and it comes back to B stock. I always have bunches of ukes not listed online. Ask and you may be in luck..
andrew@theukulelesite.com

Online stores like us usually go by MAP. (Minimum Advertised Price) allowed by the company. Which for Pono's regular line is 20%. On the Pro Classics the MAP is the full retail because the dealer discount is much less. The production cost of a pro classic will average 3 times that of a bare bones model. You can argue what it's worth to you but it's simply based on the cost.
As for us as a retailer, I don't believe in "supply and demand" pricing. We aren't allowed to discount these models.
But there's still seconds. Sometimes it will happen in our shop, or we send the wrong model and it comes back to B stock. I always have bunches of ukes not listed online. Ask and you may be in luck..
andrew@theukulelesite.com

Hi Andrew,
I appreciate you taking the time to respond. No worries, I'm just a guy window shopping and wishing I could afford the "shinier" ukes.

Hi Andrew,
I appreciate you taking the time to respond. No worries, I'm just a guy window shopping and wishing I could afford the "shinier" ukes.

That's cool, thanks Kim. It's a reasonable question I don't explain it at the site so glad you asked. Take care and hope to help you someday with a sweet deal...aloha~

Top Bottom