steel strings for baritone uke on amazon?

iamesperambient

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Tone-Deaf-Music-Ukulele-Strings/dp/B001GA9F86

does anyone know the deal with these?
i actually have an electric baritone uke that uses steel strings (konablaster) do you all think these would work better rather than putting the dgbe strings from a 11 gauge ernie ball set on it? would it make any difference?

They're just repackaged electric guitar strings. I am not familiar with this "Dadi" string company, but it appears as though they believe this gauge would work on a steel-string baritone.

It is a bit bizarre though, considering a steel string baritone ukulele's existence is elusive at best as an instrument.

Personally I would not limit myself to such a narrow choice of strings when a baritone uke, for stringing purposes, is tuned the same as an electric guitar.
You get a MUCH wider selection and probably higher quality too since guitar is so widespread and closely scrutinized.

Just use a heavier gauge of electric guitar strings, and you'll be set.
Ernie balls are guaranteed high quality.

In other news, I'm getting a Gibson Les Paul guitar this week :p

Specifically this one:

Mmm Mmm <3 Can't wait!!!

Last edited:
They're just repackaged electric guitar strings. I am not familiar with this "Dadi" string company, but it appears as though they believe this gauge would work on a steel-string baritone.

It is a bit bizarre though, considering a steel string baritone ukulele's existence is elusive at best as an instrument.

Personally I would not limit myself to such a narrow choice of strings when a baritone uke, for stringing purposes, is tuned the same as an electric guitar.
You get a MUCH wider selection and probably higher quality too since guitar is so widespread and closely scrutinized.

Specifically this one:

Mmm Mmm <3 Can't wait!!!

Yah i mean it is a bit odd thats why i asked. it seemed strange considering the only steel stringed baritone i know is the electric konablaster, the jupiter creeks (which is no longer in bussiness) and monkey wrench ukes. And i have seen only ONE brand myrtle i think that makes steel string acoustic baritones.

Anyway sweet a gibson les paul man you must be a baller if you can afford a Risa uke and a les paul do you work for NASA or something?
It would prob take me about 2 years to save for a true les paul. So it seems you have crossed over to a full guitarist now, just don't forget about the 4 strings :/

Specifically this one:

Mmm Mmm <3 Can't wait!!!

I placed and order from the strings on amazon. I realized their the exact gauges blue star recommends for the uke
and they were 5 bucks no tax, which is way cheaper than buying ernie ball or fender bullets and throwing away 2 strings.
If these are good I'll prob stock up on a few.

Top Bottom