My strings..!! :(

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
my strings snapped :(

actually it was almost about to snap, so i pulled it until it did snap... made this annoying buzzing... and it was happening on the c string 2nd fret, so u hear it alot.

so i want to get 3 different strings... worth clears, aquilia's high g, and D'addrios or something :D just to test them out, and thanks to aldrines videos it helped me unstring my uke... and eventually string it back up - Kudos.

do all strings come high and low g?? because im having trouble to find strings online and trouble contacting people on eBay... note: can only buy from ebay.. or a site that takes paypal.

so yeah, my minds pretty much made up because i spoke to Dom pretty briefly about it and Dom knows what i play and said high G sounds a lot better for the songs i play at the moment :D

...i forget where im going with this. basically i can't find those 3 strings... well actually i can find the aquilia's but isn't there 2 types?? LOL i always bring up these topics, understand them... then forget bout it

this is the picture i took of my uke bout 2 seconds ago... very poor quality with my phone!!

thanks, in advance.
*edit also its a Lanikai Lu-21T

Attachments

• FLICKZ043.jpg
    FLICKZ043.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 24
. . . do all strings come high and low g?? because im having trouble to find strings online and trouble contacting people on eBay... note: can only buy from ebay.. or a site that takes paypal.
No, string sets are either high G or a low G. Some online sites; Elderly, Ukulele World, Just Strings and MGM. I don't know which of these accept PayPal.

If you purchase High G sets, you can purchase a single D string for a classical guitar such as D'addario Light Silverplated Copper Wound .028 J4304.

I played my first ukulele with low G tuning yesterday when I bought my Pono, which came from the factory strung with Koolau Golds with low G. I'm not going to lie, it sounded weird. Of course, I should say "different" instead of weird, but it made everything sound very, very, very different from what I was used to. It's a cool thing to experiment with, but I was just not used to it. And two wound strings was a bit strange to me too (I don't even like a wound C.) So I swapped them out for Aquilas (the only Tenor strings I had at home) after just a few hours.

And I'd go with eBay on this purchase since MGM has a wide variety of strings up right now, and offers sampler packs for about $20 with a bunch of different strings so you can try them out and see what you like.

whats wound?? mgm mentioned it to me but...

so confusing LOL

please, sum1 come on and say... BUY this, this this this... do this do this and im all up for it. hard to do sumthing u know nothing about

to many questions.

whats wound?? mgm mentioned it to me but...

so confusing LOL

please, sum1 come on and say... BUY this, this this this... do this do this and im all up for it. hard to do sumthing u know nothing about

to many questions.

Wound strings have a nylon core, and are wound with fine steel wire.

Since Gaby is in Australia, like you, I would suggest getting strings from him...it willl probably be faster than ordering from the States.

Get a standard (high G) set. I would start with Aquilas (my personal preference). You may want to purchase some D'Addario Pro Artes from the UU store so you have backups, and so you can try them some time.

yeh i was actually thinking about the pack... i put enough money to get about 100 sets of strings so thats why im tring to understand them abit more

wound hey?? with my stock ghs strings for my lanikai it has like a silver string on its own. thats what it means?

Top Bottom