FS Gibson Uke-3 1927

elixer

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I bought a "The Gibson" 1927 a couple of years ago and I have really not played it much and I was wondering if anyone what to buy it? Its a #3 Uke.

Let me know a good value for it. I will try to get some pictures posted of it here in the next day or so.

I guess that this is a Soprano size uke?

Condition also makes a difference in value.

Looking forward to the photos. Please include a handwritten sign that indicates UU and the date in one photo. Nowhere are you located? Thanks.

Pictures

I don't know what UU is? Sorry I am a rookie here, I will take more pictures with the Date as I just saw this last post.

Attachments

• neck  3.jpg
    neck 3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 108
  • front 4.jpg
    front 4.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 131
  • design and label 3.jpg
    design and label 3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 110
  • back 1.jpg
    back 1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Best Gibson script.jpg
    Best Gibson script.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 105
More pictures

Here are more, these were taken with my 50mm so they are fuzzy, Ill take better pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1914.jpg
    IMG_1914.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1915.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1916.jpg
    IMG_1916.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1917.jpg
    IMG_1917.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1918.jpg
    IMG_1918.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 61
Hey Guys,

I bought a "The Gibson" 1927 a couple of years ago and I have really not played it much and I was wondering if anyone what to buy it? Its a #3 Uke.

Let me know a good value for it. I will try to get some pictures posted of it here in the next day or so.

Any idea of price?

That is why I am here to find out what is a fair value for this uke, since I am a rookie, I guess I can look on ebay and see if any sold.

I estimate it between the $1000 and $1600. It seems to be in a good shape. These are pretty rare. Yours does seem to look a little dried out. Normally they have a nice shiny finish. The crack(s) lower(s) the value.

Replacement bridge poorly done, finish stripped from top, nice crack on the face, no pic of the tuners, but that's the least of the worries on this one. Good luck with the sale. Might want to re-think that 1000-1600....

Replacement bridge poorly done, finish stripped from top, nice crack on the face, no pic of the tuners, but that's the least of the worries on this one. Good luck with the sale. Might want to re-think that 1000-1600....

I have to agree with Neal. This uke needs lots of work. I would estimate $600-$750 tops with about $400+ professional work to be done.

Yup, I was thinking the uke was worth less then previously stated although rare and desirable, condition relates to price.

the fretboard at the 8th fret has a hole to the neck as well.

I hope the next owner will spend the money and restore it.

cheers

Top Bottom