Songs to christen a ukulele

Shady Wilbury

Reaction score
Hi, folks.

I've just done a search, and couldn't find a thread like this. Apologies if I'm repeating. I've just ordered an Ohana SK-22z, and want some suggestions as to what I should play first when it arrives. (Other than 'My Dog Has Fleas'!) :)

First proper soprano, other than the one I started on. This sounds a lot better from the videos I've seen. Kudos to Ken Middleton for the review.

I always play "Amazing Grace" first followed by a hapa-haole song.

For those who believe in a christening at birth, or a very early, the responsibility is more upon the adults than upon the newborn. May I suggest; "This little uke of mine, I'm gonna let it shine " and all of the other verses which go with that little song. This is more about you as the care giver than it is about your instrument as the care receiver. Train up a uke in the way it should go, and when it is older, it will not depart from it. What is the Age of Accountability for a ukulele? Are their different ages for the different sizes? When will Confirmation occur? :) wdt

"It Had to be You" would be an appropriate intro song for a new uke! Lots of CooL jazz chords to play too... enjoy your new uke! :cool:

It Had to Be You

It had to be you, it had to be you
I've wandered around, finally found somebody who
Could make me be true
Whoa whoa whoa could make me be blue
And, even be glad just to be sad thinkin' of you
Some others I've seen
Might never be mean
Might never be cross
Or, try to be boss
But, they wouldn't do
For nobody else gave me a thrill
With all your faults, I love you still
It had to be you, wonderful you
It had to be you
'Cause nobody else gave me a thrill
With all your faults, I love you still now
And it had to be you, it just had to be you
It had to be you

Songwriters
JONES, ISHAM / KAHN, GUS
Published by
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

For those who believe in a christening at birth, or a very early, the responsibility is more upon the adults than upon the newborn. May I suggest; "This little uke of mine, I'm gonna let it shine " and all of the other verses which go with that little song. This is more about you as the care giver than it is about your instrument as the care receiver. Train up a uke in the way it should go, and when it is older, it will not depart from it. What is the Age of Accountability for a ukulele? Are their different ages for the different sizes? When will Confirmation occur? :) wdt

I love this response. Thank you for the laugh. :)

Top Bottom