2 upcoming Almost Islanders shows!!!

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
hey guys, great news. we've got two shows coming up.

• Jan 29, 2009 @ Riley's Music Lounge
  • Doors open at 8pm
  • $5 cover at the door, FREE before 9pm
  • 21+ only. DRINK SPECIALS.
l_a429db787d81426d9604de9c0b395837.jpg

• Feb 13, 2009 @ The World Beat Center
  • with Pali Roots, Malossi, and PAU HANA!!!
  • Doors open @ 4:30pm, Music starts around 7pm
  • $10 pre-sale. get in touch with me for tickets. ASAP! i dont have many left but i can get more. otherwise $15 at the door.
  • welcome the 7's rugby tournament
  • support "music for the disabled" and "PIFA scholarship fund"
  • THIS IS AN ALL AGES EVENT!!!!!!!!!
l_97168fc1032643deaa48068118707438.jpg

I soooooo wanted to see your show with Pau Hana but alas, I will be in Atlanta that week! :mad: Hopefully someone will get some video and post it on YouTube so I can watch after I return!

I soooooo wanted to see your show with Pau Hana but alas, I will be in Atlanta that week! :mad: Hopefully someone will get some video and post it on YouTube so I can watch after I return!
s'all good! there will be more. there's even talks of something that may be happening for MardiGras! stay tuned!

bro.. when you guys coming up north!?! im trying to do a benefit concert to raise money for UKES4KIDS in the summer.. i wanna plan it around the time UU staff is coming through.. i'd love to see you guys live. rock on!

guys, Feb 13!!! THIS IS AN ALL AGES SHOW!!!

its a friday night! and its for a good cause!

but one more thing i forgot to mention...

Almost Islanders wanted to figure out a way to give back to all of you who have supported us from the beginning. its been a crazy ride and we never could have done it without you guys. so to give back, we bought an electric guitar. set it up real nicely. did a couple things to set it apart from the rest. AND WE ARE GOING TO RAFFLE IT OFF TO ONE LUCKY PERSON!!! and just to show how legit this electric guitar is, my little brother AKA Bugoy, is going to play the guitar during our set.

here's how it works... we will be selling our new shirts at the show for $15 each. they are black shirts with the red/yellow/green "ALMOST ISLANDERS" logo across the chest. for every shirt that you buy, you get a raffle ticket toward winning the guitar. at the end of our set, we will announce the number of the winning ticket, and Bugoy will hand it to you right from the stage!

pics of the T shirts and the guitar will follow as time gets closer to the show!

Last edited:
here's an idea of what the shirts are going to look like guys! the process has begun. the shirts will be available in medium through XXXL.
picture.php

hey guys, great news. we've got two shows coming up.

• Jan 29, 2009 @ Riley's Music Lounge
  • Doors open at 8pm
  • $5 cover at the door, FREE before 9pm
  • 21+ only. DRINK SPECIALS.
l_a429db787d81426d9604de9c0b395837.jpg

• Feb 13, 2009 @ The World Beat Center
  • with Pali Roots, Malossi, and PAU HANA!!!
  • Doors open @ 4:30pm, Music starts around 7pm
  • $10 pre-sale. get in touch with me for tickets. ASAP! i dont have many left but i can get more. otherwise $15 at the door.
  • welcome the 7's rugby tournament
  • support "music for the disabled" and "PIFA scholarship fund"
  • THIS IS AN ALL AGES EVENT!!!!!!!!!

You're going to really like playing at the WBC. We did a gig there last night with Barrington Levy. The sound is siiiiiiiiick. I'm gonna try to make it out to at least one of these shows. Good job boys, you're movin' up!

here's an idea of what the shirts are going to look like guys! the process has begun. the shirts will be available in medium through XXXL.
picture.php

Who are you getting your shirts printed through? We've been looking into our own shirts, as well. I already have the design, and have had it for a while. We just haven't gotten around to gettin' em done. :shaka:

just a reminder. we will be at Riley's music lounge tomorrow night! check the flyer on the first post for details!

and i still have presale tickets for the Feb13 show with Pau Hana. hit me up!

You're going to really like playing at the WBC. We did a gig there last night with Barrington Levy. The sound is siiiiiiiiick. I'm gonna try to make it out to at least one of these shows. Good job boys, you're movin' up!

AWESOME!!! we cant wait.. thanks Dom

HERE is the guitar that will be raffled off! I set up the action, and intonation myself. I also polished the frets for smoother bending. the guitar will come with a strap and gig bag as well. All brand new! :shaka:
GiveAwayGTR.jpg

its gettin close! just wanted to bump this. you cant tell me youre not excited about this guitar!

again, here's the details for the show!

Top Bottom