NAMM 2014 - You going and bringing your uke?

Is NAMM a place only for distributors, sellers and sponsored people? Or is it for everyone? Sorry, I just never knew so I might aswell ask now.

I'd really want to go some day if it is available to everyone

Is NAMM a place only for distributors, sellers and sponsored people? Or is it for everyone? Sorry, I just never knew so I might aswell ask now.

I'd really want to go some day if it is available to everyone
It is not a public event. retail, sellers, manufactures, and industry people only.
It is huge and I would do 2 days.
If it is just to look at ukes, a half day may be ok

I'm trying to get a conductor friend of mine get me in, he's been going for years. I just want to spend one day, so will concentrate on the uke, but I know I'll be distracted by lots of other stuff.

In the past they didn't allow you to bring instruments in as it could be an issue trying to get then back out (think theft issues). You might want to leave your instruments in your hotel and play after hours. I would hate for you to wait in line and then be told you can't bring in your uke then have to go all the way back and put away your instrument-

It could make you very thirsty my friend....

Kevdog

There has been a tradition for several years of meeting on the "grassy knoll" outside the venue one evening and jamming. I presume that'll happen again.

Looking forward to doing that again. It was so happy making.

Last edited:
In the past they didn't allow you to bring instruments in as it could be an issue trying to get then back out (think theft issues). You might want to leave your instruments in your hotel and play after hours. I would hate for you to wait in line and then be told you can't bring in your uke then have to go all the way back and put away your instrument-

It could make you very thirsty my friend....

Kevdog

We don't need no stinkin badges. I will see you there big boy!

Wondering if anybody knows if it would be a problem to bring a custom uke - I'm going this year and since I'm somewhat local, I won't have a hotel. FWIW, the luthier who made my uke will be there so I think he can vouch for me that it isn't stolen :)

Last edited:
Wondering if anybody knows if it would be a problem to bring a custom uke - there's a strong chance I'm going this year and since I'm somewhat local, I won't have a hotel. FWIW, the luthier who made my uke will be there so I think he can vouch for me that it isn't stolen :)

They are really strict about you bringing your own instrument in. I think the only people they allow to do this are performers.

I should also add that I will be there for the jam session and I will have my instrument. :)

I'll be demo'ing our fluorocarbon uke sets at the GHS Booth, Hall C, Booth 4684 on Saturday at noon if anyone wants to stop by and listen.

No MGM...must be the first year in a while Mike won't be there..everyone will miss his smiling face,i am sure!

but Corey taking his place...he and Zack will be playing at the Ko'olau/Pono/Ukulele Site Booths(HMS)
say Hi and pickup Corey's CD there....

I'm hoping to go by way of my brother's girlfriend. I figure one day spent around the uke section. I'm in LA so will not need a room. When are the meet-ups planned?

Last edited:
They are really strict about you bringing your own instrument in. I think the only people they allow to do this are performers.

I should also add that I will be there for the jam session and I will have my instrument. :)

There was a guy last year in a motorized wheelchair that had his electronic drums and speakers BUILT INTO HIS WHEELCHAIR. That's one way to get around the rules!

A buddy scored me a pass from one of his vendors, so I'm planning to be there either Thurs or Fri (vs. the weekend). I do not plan to bring my uke.

There was a guy last year in a motorized wheelchair that had his electronic drums and speakers BUILT INTO HIS WHEELCHAIR. That's one way to get around the rules!

LOL. Yeah that would be one way to do it. A rather clever way!

If you're going to the NAMM show please come see my friends/performers THE KINGS OF UKULELE at the Hohner/Lanikai booth #3240 in Hall D at the following times:

Friday - Noon
Sunday - Noon

They are really fun. Ask for Leon and if I'm available you will get a special prize! Woo!

I'm also happy to give anyone a tour of our new products if my schedule is open and you're interested.

See ya there!

Top Bottom