"Waiting" - a new original song by Barbablanca

Barbablanca

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've been trying to release my songwriting output almost exclusively within the Seasons, but this week I have been on fire with two original songs of which I'm really proud. One is in Season 92: "Tribal Elder" but this one here didn't fit the theme and rather than wait until the right theme came around, I thought I'd post it here.

It was inspired by a line my Uncle Bill said to me many years ago. He stated: "Once you get over 50, you're just waiting for something to go wrong that'll eventually see you off!"

That line has stuck with me, but it didn't become a song, until I woke up yesterday with the line "Waiting for something to go right" in my head. I realised that we spend much of our lives waiting for the next phase. As kids we can't wait to be adults. As youths we can't wait to get over adolescent angst. As young adults we're desperate to leave behind our gawky adolescence and establish ourselves. Then it's settle down, raise a family and soon we find we're waiting for that phase to be over before long. Now, as I'm pushing 60 and have to have my cholesterol and my PSA regularly monitored, I finally see where my Uncle Bill was coming from.

So here is my song Waiting - Lyrics on the description on youtube.

Oh, Bernie ~ you are such a talented songwriter, singer, and musician! Loved everything about this song -- and I know exactly what you're talking about re: "Waiting for something to go wrong!" I am in my mid-forties and have been feeling this way since my late 30's! (Yikes!!!)

Oh, Bernie ~ you are such a talented songwriter, singer, and musician! Loved everything about this song -- and I know exactly what you're talking about re: "Waiting for something to go wrong!" I am in my mid-forties and have been feeling this way since my late 30's! (Yikes!!!)

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. As for waiting for something to go wrong, don't worry! My Dad said things don't actually start dropping off until you're in your seventies ;)

Top Bottom