Learning the Banjo Ukulele

TLE

Reaction score
Folks,

I just got a banjo uke, and wondering if I tune and play it the same way as my regular ukes. I have several beginner books for my ukes, so do I just use those?

Thank you so much,

Terry

Same same. Lots of great tutorials on banjo uke playing on YouTube...clawhammer, frailing, Formby style, etc.

Correcto! Which banjo uke did you get?

I just bought a Soprano with resonator from Bob at Elbebanjo.com. Great guy, and beautiful work. So, I'm having him build me a Concert Openback, now. Thanks for the help guys. Now I can get started.

WOW, those are beautiful instruments! And I like the mix of old and new tech- shaft driven machinery and laser cut marquetry.

Sounds like you're jumping in with both feet.

That shop you see on his site is where he used to own and run a plywood company. He has a modern shop on the other side.
Well, I like the sound of both resonator and open back banjos. May as well have both. Love all Ukuleles. My most recent standard Uke was a Kamaka, and I was pretty disappointed in their gloss finish work. Seems like they would have that nailed down, by now. Plastic fret dots, too.

thanks for sharing that, I was not aware of Elbe Banjo before. Looks like really, really nice work! I love that he built a banjo uke with the Bacon internal resonator structure-- very clever, and it seems to have turned out exceptionally well, visually, anyway. I feel my wallet getting lighter yet again....

006.jpg

Top Bottom