Martin Baritone - Wonderful Uke! - $750.

Tommy B

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am continuing my sell-off of all ukes larger than a concert due my switch to smaller instruments and a financial crisis in the form of a large, unexpected veterinary bill.

This Martin has been my favorite baritone for years. I've owned many vintage Favillas (including the rare B2s spruce model), a Guild, a Kamaka, a Vega Deluxe Solo Lute, Regals and Harmony's ... and none of them could touch this Martin for sweet, full, balanced tone. This baritone wows all my uke-playing friends.

But it hasn't been getting played, and my credit-card company wants the cash. :(

DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0010.jpgDSC_0013.jpgDSC_0149.jpg

For more photos, click here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterbutt/sets/72157637889904045/

This baritone has a few scuffs and fleabites, but no structural issues needing addressing. It has had cracks repaired, but that happened before I purchased it. The repairs -- one on the soundboard and a very long one along the bass side -- were so professionally done that I didn't even see them until I had owned the uke for a few days. By that time, I was so smitten with the sound of this uke that I declined the seller's offer of a return for refund. Please see the photo album.

Besides the repairs, the uke has sustained two small injuries while in my care: the bridge popped off and was reattached, and I put a small ding (1/4 inch) on the treble side. The clear finish around this ding has whitened.

Lastly, please note: The vintage chipboard case in the photos did not come with this uke, and it's not a perfect fit. The length, depth and lower bout are fine, but the upper bout is tight. If the buyer does not want the case, I'll deduct $25 from the price and double-box the uke for safe transport.

Asking $750 + actual shipping and 1/2 PayPal fees. Please PM me or email me at eightpaws (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.

Thanks,
Tom

Top Bottom