NUD: KoAloha Soprano

dirtiestkidever

Reaction score
Its a factory second purchased from another UUer but I think it is brand new. Showed up in the mail yesterday on my birthday. Happy birthday to me! (The gifts I buy myself are almost always the best) My first hawaiin made uke, first koa uke, first soprano.

I love it. Its got a very warm tone and is ultra responsive. Very loud. All just as a KoAloha should sound. I was a little worried about the friction tuners but they work great. My only other friction tuner experience was with a vintage Favilla and those were impossible to use. But these are a breeze. The action on this uke is super low but no buzzing at all. I could not be happier with this one.

Now I've got one of every size (except sopranino so I guess I know what I'll be looking for next time UAS strikes).

Congratulations on your new "friend"! Yep, you're right, your "family" is almost complete..... :)

Congrats on your NUD! :D

My only KoAloha is a pineapple but it matches your description rather well. Maybe not warm but more bright. I do like the sound of mine.

Let us know how that sopranino thing works out. :rolleyes:

Congrats! Pictures!

Enjoy it, I love mine!! Congrats!

I'm a KoAloha dealer and I believe their success has been in consistent quality of sound. No matter what you are playing, soprano to tenor the sound quality is outstanding. When KoAloha says they make the best ukuleles in the world, I believe it.

Happy birthday and congrats! I am soooo jealous, I have been wanting a Koaloha soprano for quite sometime. I have too many bills to pay right now, but I hope to have one in the future. I hope it gives you many years of enjoyment.

Top Bottom