Hello from Long Island, New York

exhausted

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a long-time guitar player looking to start playing Ukulele. I'm keeping my eye out to buy a used kamaka tenor by Christmas.

Anyone have any suggestions for intermediate books, or affordable teachers that teach via Skype, or good video lessons, let me know!

In the meantime, I'll be browsing the forum trying to find out for myself....

welcome. good video lessons abound here (look at the top of the page). keep browsing, you will find many choices and answers to any questions asked.

I'd go with the ones right here on UU

Also Google: Ukulele for Guitar Players. Additionally, a book by this title

Aloha Exhausted....lots of guitar converts here...
Welcome to the UU and are humble forums...have fun and enjoy...alot of friendly and helpful members giving advice and then there's the deals in our ukulele marketplace..
Happy Strummings.

I have found the best way to jump-start my ability to play the ukulele is to jam with other people. Please come to the first-ever jam session of the Suffolknassau Ukulele Pluckers on Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 7-9:30 p.m., Bohemia Recreation Center,1 Ruzicka Way, Bohemia, NY(one mile north of Sunrise Highway). To get on the email list, contact fourstringsLI@optonline.net. Since this is the first-every meeting, I do not know who will attend. Also, I need to find another place for future meetings. I am starting this group because the other LI group is far away in Plainview, and also, there's always room for another music jam session on Long Island.

Top Bottom