Folkcraft

TLE

Reaction score
Just curious, have you folks seen a Folkcraft Druid Moon? I have a birdseye tenor, and it's really nice. Thought I would mention them, since they are my favorite mountain dulcimer builder. Great people. Modest prices for such craftsmanship.

TLE

I played a couple at the Milwaukee Ukefest and talked to Richard Ash most of the day. Nice guy and a SMOKING dulcimer player. Gave me a great how-to at the end of the day and showed me some chords, and off I went!

Back to the Druid Moon ukes, I liked them quite a bit. Very nicely made, good feel and sound quality to them.

I wasn't aware that they'd started doing ukuleles. Somebody gave me a partially assembled Folkcraft mountain dulcimer kit in black walnut many years ago. I repaired the previous owners mistakes, finished building it, and put a nice bone nut on it and it was quite a nice dulcimer after that. I wish I kept it but I sold it long ago.

Now I only have my McSpadden dulcimers, which I'll probably never get rid of even though I very rarely play dulcimer any more.

John

I have a Folkcraft dulcimer. Can you post some pics of your tenor?

I have and play frequently one of their FolkRoots dulcimers. Workmanship, intonation, sound is great. Haven't had the opportunity to try a Druid Moon uke yet, but would love to. I'm guessing they would be a good uke with nice build quality and sound, based on their dulcimers.

Sure, I'll post a picture. I have two of the most popular and well know ukes made in Hawaii, and Folkcraft's is just as nice. I see you have the Kanile'a K-1 Premium, and so do I. My favorite.

TLE

BigMamaJ40,

Since I'm new on this site, I need help with posting pictures. Please explain how to post them. I tried posting them as a reply once, and it seemed like they were uploading ok, but nothing showed up. They are pretty large files, and it was about five of them.

Thanks,

Terry

Terry,
I'm no expert, but I just click the Insert Image icon, click "Choose File" and then "Upload File" from the pictures in my iPad. Example attached. You can add from URL, too.

Maybe your pictures were too big?
image.jpg

L1000612.jpg Hope this works.

Attachments

• L1000615.jpg
    L1000615.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 13
L1000618.jpgL1000622.jpgL1000623.jpg Had the Fishman installed, to. Sounds great through my Fishman LoudBox Mini.

Just did. I have their dulcimers too, and love them. That's why I chose them for my first Ukulele. No regrets. Great people.

It's beautiful! When I was researching dulcimers, I saw their ukuleles, but I've never seen one "in the wild".

I'm really tempted......

Top Bottom