Classifieds to sell ukes now installed

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Hey all marketplace goers, I just installed a classifieds marketplace powered by Panjo. You don't have to use it if you don't want to but its there. It has a bunch of extra features that will help you sell your items more successfully and also some other features that help protect buyers including:

General
  • Built-In, Secure Payment Processing
  • Fraud Protection for Buyers and Sellers
  • Moderaters can edit/cancel any listing in the marketplace

Buyers
  • Sorting and Filtering Options
  • Browse via image gallery
  • Browse in a list
  • Browse by category
  • Buyers can review order history
  • Buyers can pay for items with a credit card

Sellers
  • Unlimited Image Uploads
  • Sellers can edit and cancel live listings
  • Support for mass quantity selling
  • Sellers paid by PayPal, Check, Direct Deposit
  • Sellers can specify retail price to showcase deal value
  • Sellers can preview and edit listings before they go live
  • Seller profile pages let sellers easily showcase all their items for sale and feedback
  • (OBO) Or Best Offer feature for sellers to create special checkout pages for specific buyers

VIP members can list their items there free of charge. For non VIP members theres a 5% transaction fee to use this service which is only taken when an item is sold successfully. For all members, if you use paypal, you'll still have to pay their fees.

Same rules apply to the marketplace as here in this forum section.

Like I said, it's there in the main menu if you want to use it, you don't have to if you're fine with how we do it now, but I wanted to offer it to you buyers and sellers. It is new, so please let me know if you run into any thing weird or have suggestions or comments to improve the service.

Thanks! - Ryan

Last edited:
Sounds like a good thing. Thank you for all you do for us.

Thought I'd kick the tires a bit and see how it works. It gives me this, but I'm already logged in.

Sorry, you don't appear to be logged in.
Please log in to Ukulele Underground Forum and try again.

When did you see this message? when you tried to list an item?

I had no problem getting in. Will be be using this in addition to the Marketplace forum? That's going to get confusing....

I had no problem getting in. Will be be using this in addition to the Marketplace forum? That's going to get confusing....

It's there if people want to use it. I may be wrong, but I think I have it set so if someone posts an item in the marketplace, it will be listed as a thread automatically here.

Oh! Sorry. I thought it was separate from the Marketplace and that you were encouraging use so that you would get more percentage for the UU. I'll delete my listing.

Best,

Tim

Hey, this could be pretty cool. No longer any need to keep bumping still-active items to the top, etc.

John

When did you see this message? when you tried to list an item?
I figured it out... I run the NoScript extension in FF and apparently it relies on a script to confirm that you're logged in. When I allowed scripts, it didn't give me that message.

I think it's going to be a nice addition. I like that you can jump right to it from your top navbar on the site, instead of clicking through the forum to get to the Marketplace subforum.

Before some chafe at the 5% forum fee, the net fee between UU and PayPal will still be less than going with eBay, and will go toward a worthy cause.

You should sticky this thread...

I think there should be no bumps for any items unless it is from a paying member. That will hopefully promote more people to contribute.

Ryan,
Thanks for improving this site and adding new feature to the forum. could you also add a link from classified market place back here?

Hey Ryan, thanks for putting in this new feature. But it might be better to rename it instead of using "UU Marketplace" just like the Ukulele Marketplace forum. It's too similar and confusing. Maybe call it "UU Classifieds"?

Maybe it's me, but I just don't see the point. We have a UU Marketplace and now a classifieds Marketplace? It is going to get pretty confusing I would have thought.
Kind Regards
Dennis

I have some hand-made and not very nice uke hanging straps that I am listing just to test the new functions. If anyone wants to test-purchase at the risk of only two bucks, fire away. I can post more for fun and testing

If anyone is interested in trying it, we can see what the purchase cancel options might be like. Again, only two bucks at risk for this tryout. (And ten cents to UU!)

Thanks Ryan and the UU crew!

EDIT: Oh, hey, look! I just got a handy button up right to check out my items for sale!

Top Bottom