Kala klub!

Bassukuguy

Reaction score
For those of us who have ukulele's that you wouldn't feel bad about clubbing someone with! That's right the affordable dependable Kala!

hey its better than a Mahalo...

For those of us who have ukulele's that you wouldn't feel bad about clubbing someone with! That's right the affordable dependable Kala!

hey its better than a Mahalo...

OH YEAH! Ive got a Kala KA-SC! electric/acoustic!

I got 3 ukes. One yellow Mahalo, one spruce top Kala, and one K1 Kanile'a. That is an interesting spread. Before I had my K1, I played both the Mahalo and the Kala in front of my family. They all agreed that the Mahalo sounded like a toy compared to the Kala. I played the hell out of that Kala before taking the plunge and spending some decent money. It is a decent sounding instrument.

The sound difference between the Kala and the Kanile'a is almost as extreme as the sound difference between the Kala and the Mahalo. The thing is, while I love the Kanile'a, I still like the Kala. It's a decent uke. My time with it tought me to love and respect the ukes potential as an instrument. I'd treat my Mahalo as a club for lots of reasons, but my Kala will always hold a place in my heart.

I'm sure you will find many to jump into your club. Not for me though. Kala's would be a HUGE upgrade at the local music stores. I am actualy thinking of stringing mine low g to experience another level of uke.

Good luck with your club. If you ever want to beat up on Mahalo's I am so there.

I'm in!

KalaArchtopoohyeah.jpg

KalaArchtopthereyago.jpg

:cool:

Yes, I <3 my Kala. My first, and favorite out of my collection and always will be.

yeah i have no idea how to make a club, so if someone wants to make one... Have At! i just thought it would be funny..

i love my Kala its my first and only uke at the moment, i want to move up but im broke as Hizzell so it remains my main uke. i really love it and i treat it like a beater most of time time, but it just keeps coming back and frankly with the MGM setup it plays like a dream. Yes it is the Kala KA-C but i love it like it cost me $500.

My advertising exec at Tricorn Publications (we publish Ukulele Player) fell in love with the Kala Archtop the first time he picked it up. I have to say, I am drawn to it, too.

Stack, I like it.... nice little riff at the end there.

Yep, Jerry (he ad-man) picked up the archtop and started playing it and just grinned from ear to ear. We'll be shipping that archtop to some lucky winner in the March release of the Ukulele Player. The next issue we have the Kala Mango Tenor for the contest.

Sign me up as a proud owner of 4 Kala's.

I guess this means I'll be joining the Flea and Pono clubs along with the KoAloha Crowns....

Last night whilst playing some banjo finger rolls:music:, on my Kala 15s, my soundhole inlay sticker fell off! Looks better.

Top Bottom