ukulele as a wedding gift ? good idea yes or no?

tangimango

Reaction score
anyone give a Ukulele as a wedding gift? or is cash better

they have never played a ukulele, nothing too expensive, maybe a kala brand equivalent .

anyone give a Ukulele as a wedding gift? or is cash better

they have never played a ukulele, nothing too expensive, maybe a kala brand equivalent .

Just my opinion, no. Cash would be a better idea, I think. Especially if neither play, unless they've both expressed a keen interest.

:agree: A uke would be kind'a risky.

Facing the same decision last month, decided to go with cash. An inexpensive uke for everyone at the wedding to sign would be a good addition to cash.

Last edited:
If you go with the Uke option get TWO! ;)

It's a nice thought, but unless you know for sure that they want to learn to play together, go with the cash. If you go the ukulele route, definitely give them two ukes.

Cindy

I'd go with a vacuum cleaner. Nearly everybody knows how to play one.

Thoughtful gifts are more about the receiver than the giver.

At my brothers wedding last year I bought a yellow makala ukulele. I then got all the guests at the reception to sign it with a black sharpie. The result was a great wall hanger & hopefully a nice memory of the day for the happy couple!

Personally, I think it's a terrible idea. You may think you're spreading the Aloha, but in reality, you're trying to impose your passion on someone else.

I would go with cash or a gift card to wherever they have a bridal registry so they can pick out what they need.

I would get two of the same brand of soprano in their favorite colours. The attached card could make reference to marriage being a duet rather than two solos. May these ukuleles help bring harmony to your marriage. May you learn how to both be in the same key--on the same song--on the same page-- these things take practice. May you from this day forward say, "I have yet to be able to_____ rather than say, 'I can't do _____. " You are not getting married to create a past or a present, but a future together. Togetherness is the essence of a good marriage. Your intent is to give them a way to experience it in a non threatening scenario. They have yet to discover what else they will enjoy doing together as time goes on. The advice which goes along with it can show your desire to help them do new things together. It certainly is not to be considered as a gag gift. You are to be commended for thinking outside of the box. Anyone can give cash.

I would get two of the same brand of soprano in their favorite colours. The attached card could make reference to marriage being a duet rather than two solos. May these ukuleles help bring harmony to your marriage. May you learn how to both be in the same key--on the same song--on the same page-- these things take practice. May you from this day forward say, "I have yet to be able to_____ rather than say, 'I can't do _____. " You are not getting married to create a past or a present, but a future together. Togetherness is the essence of a good marriage. Your intent is to give them a way to experience it in a non threatening scenario. They have yet to discover what else they will enjoy doing together as time goes on. The advice which goes along with it can show your desire to help them do new things together. It certainly is not to be considered as a gag gift. You are to be commended for thinking outside of the box. Anyone can give cash.

awesome idea...a pink Dolphin and a blue Shark!

The Ukulele would be fine only as an "Add-on" or extra gift, not the only gift. Cash/check is the BEST gift you can give a new couple. And I should also add that the gift should be MORE than than cost of the plate at the reception. In other words, make sure the amount at least covers the costs of your attendance and then some extra $$ for them...

Top Bottom