Question for northwesterners

Sarkrates

Reaction score
Hey, I have developed a buzz on my kala,I'm going to try changing strings but I am worried about my new mele tenor. Do you guys in the northwest or specifically Seattle humidify your ukes or not. The guy at Dusty strings told me not to, he said it could cause problems if there is too much humidity, but my wife likes to keep the house pretty warm. And I'm not sure if I should throw a herco humidifier in or not. Seattle is a pretty moist place and I live right on a river but..... So what do you northwest locals do with your solid wood ukes? Thanks for any input.

Sark

Hey, I have developed a buzz on my kala,I'm going to try changing strings but I am worried about my new mele tenor. Do you guys in the northwest or specifically Seattle humidify your ukes or not. The guy at Dusty strings told me not to, he said it could cause problems if there is too much humidity, but my wife likes to keep the house pretty warm. And I'm not sure if I should throw a herco humidifier in or not. Seattle is a pretty moist place and I live right on a river but..... So what do you northwest locals do with your solid wood ukes? Thanks for any input.

Sark

We have a high humidity. SOO it shouldn't be a problem.

That being said, I need a humidifier in my Kamaka case. It began to buzz and I shipped it back to MGM. He fixed it and sent a humidifier and I haven't had the problem since.

I humidify in the winters, yes.

Top Bottom