Sheet music transposer for mac

Are they songs you can find on Chordie.com? It will transpose.

Chordie, just changes the chords. I want to change the music notes themselves. My friend just bought a baritone and we were learning Mike Lynch's version of "smile" She'll be playing in C, Mikes is in F. I can change the chords manually and eventually the sheet music but an app. would be much quicker.

I think What you need is a notation editor. There are a range of these from free to very expensive. Muse Score is an open source music editor (and free) which, I believe is available for Mac. You may still have to enter the music manually but once you have it entered there should be a transpose function available. I've not really used Muse Score but I know people who have and mostly they seem to like it.

I'm a Linux user myself the notation editor I use is comes from my Windows days but it's possible to run it in Linux but it would not really be any use to you, unfortunately as it's inexpensive and easy to learn.

Chordie, just changes the chords. I want to change the music notes themselves. My friend just bought a baritone and we were learning Mike Lynch's version of "smile" She'll be playing in C, Mikes is in F. I can change the chords manually and eventually the sheet music but an app. would be much quicker.
The only way to transpose the notes themselves is to either have a file in a format compatible with the program you want to use to transpose it (e.g., GuitarPro, TablEdit, TuxGuitar) or to re-enter all the notes manually. You can't do it from a PDF or scanning in a hard copy.

I'm not sure what you mean by "She'll be playing in C, Mikes is in F." If you're playing in F (Mike's version), then she will also be playing in F, it's just that the fingerings on a baritone neck will fall in different places for the same notes as your soprano/concert/tenor.

The standard notation will be the same, it's the tablature line that would be different for a baritone.

The only way to transpose the notes themselves is to either have a file in a format compatible with the program you want to use to transpose it (e.g., GuitarPro, TablEdit, TuxGuitar) or to re-enter all the notes manually. You can't do it from a PDF or scanning in a hard copy.

I'm not sure what you mean by "She'll be playing in C, Mikes is in F." If you're playing in F (Mike's version), then she will also be playing in F, it's just that the fingerings on a baritone neck will fall in different places for the same notes as your soprano/concert/tenor.

The standard notation will be the same, it's the tablature line that would be different for a baritone.[/QUOT

Yes I realize this. She'll be playing the same chord shapes as Mike Lynchs' (in F) making her G tuned baritone playing in C. I won't be playing in F, I'll be playing in C. Thanks, I was trying to do it from a scanned copy and it didn't work.

It's not a big deal, was just trying to see if I could do it via comp. rather than manually.

Top Bottom