Nud!

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
My wife and I were just spending a weekend in Wilmington NC and went to the NC ukulele academy. I had called Kent in advance because I wanted a lesson. While we were there we bought a dolphin for our 17 month old grandson for christmas. He loves the uke and I know this will be a big hit. Anyway, the next day we went back. Well, she went shopping elsewhere and I hung out there to totally scour the store to see if I really "needed" anything. I started playing a Teton. I have been considering getting one but it is not really a need, just fun to rock out on. She came back to the store to get me (or to check to see if I was ever going to leave) and bought me this tenor as an early holiday gift! Wow!!! I am supposed to wait till christmas to get it but that will never happen! Ha! It is a blast to crank up and play. One bad problem about an amplified instrument is it amplifies your mistakes too! Now my question is what strings? Any suggestions?
photo.jpg

Never played an electric uke so I can't suggest strings but it's a looker. Congrats!

My wife and I were just spending a weekend in Wilmington NC and went to the NC ukulele academy. I had called Kent in advance because I wanted a lesson. While we were there we bought a dolphin for our 17 month old grandson for christmas. He loves the uke and I know this will be a big hit. Anyway, the next day we went back. Well, she went shopping elsewhere and I hung out there to totally scour the store to see if I really "needed" anything. I started playing a Teton. I have been considering getting one but it is not really a need, just fun to rock out on. She came back to the store to get me (or to check to see if I was ever going to leave) and bought me this tenor as an early holiday gift! Wow!!! I am supposed to wait till christmas to get it but that will never happen! Ha! It is a blast to crank up and play. One bad problem about an amplified instrument is it amplifies your mistakes too! Now my question is what strings? Any suggestions?
View attachment 61181

Nice...you've got a beauty there!!! Early Holiday Gifts are always a good thing. Amplification always does the 2 things you mentioned; enhances the sound of the instrument and highlights ones mistakes and faults...lol This is why I always wonder why I request amplification on my ukes. Congrats

I feel the same way Dennis. I am not sure why I got one that's amplified!

Because it is fun to plug in and be loud!

That is a very cool looking ukulele. Happy holidays!

HNUD!!! It's always nice to get a present early.... Enjoy!

Aloha Rem50,
Congrats on the new Teton...ha ha you are a gas, amplify you mistakes....:) crank up the distortion man....

I know nothing of electrified instruments but I will have to figure it out especially the effects. I do remember the whammy bar.... hmmm..now there's and idea for a uke :)
Aloha Rem50,
Congrats on the new Teton...ha ha you are a gas, amplify you mistakes....:) crank up the distortion man....

Normally any nylon set could be good for an amplified uke. I suggest Daddario Pro arte or Ko'olau golds.

Top Bottom