Kinnard Uke Build

brUKEman

Reaction score
They just started my John S. Kinnard custom uke build.
Some of the specs are:
Tenor Cutaway
Honduran Mahogany back/sides/top
13 Frets to the body
K & K Twinspot
Side Sound Port
Tobacco Sunburst Finish

Here are the first pics.back2.jpgCw.jpgfront2.jpgFrontNeck.jpgK-KPickup.jpg

Can't wait to see it in finished form!

Great selection. You'll love it.

Great choices Bruce! I know you will enjoy your new Kinnard! :)

Thanks for sharing your build with us. I so enjoy watching the birthing process.

Looking really good man!

My Kinnard will hopefully be complete on Tuesday!

Really moving along. Looks really nice. I like the way the end of the fretboard curves around the rosette.

Thanks for all the nice comments. Fretboard/Bridge/Faceplate/Tailpiece are all Ebony. Back/Side/Top - all Mahogany.
Looking forward to seeing the wood finished.

Simple rosettes are so classy. Really nice.

Beautiful Ukulele!

but I have to ask, do you get a discount for showing your build as this the 3rd or 4th Kinnard build that I have seen on this website? just wondering
Thank you

No discounts given. I just followed a previous Kinnard build thread by Cigarfan and thought how nice of him to share this experience with us.
When it came my turn to have one built I thought it would be nice to share with other people. The folks at Kinnard Ukes ( John & Kevin) did not know I was posting anything. I did tell Kevin I would like some photos of the build to put together a slide show for my own use.

I love seeing these build and thank you for posting it. I am also on the waiting list, got in just before the prices went up a bit. Kinnard makes some incredible ukes from what I have seen and read.

Is the curved fretboard a new option or an adder?

Beautiful Ukulele!

but I have to ask, do you get a discount for showing your build as this the 3rd or 4th Kinnard build that I have seen on this website? just wondering
Thank you

Just by way of clarification: One of the many joys of this forum is about sharing the experience of having a custom instrument built. You may have also noticed a vast array of makers represented on UU in similar threads over a long period. Yes there have been a few Kinnard ukes of late as he is a newly "discovered" maker and many have been impressed with the aesthetic, build and tonal qualities of these ukes. Always a great thing to see new builders on the scene. For most it is fun to live vicariously through another's excitement, especially when it is their first experience of the process. I also have a similar thread running concurrently with this, which is documenting, graphically and in some written detail, the building of a custom baritone from Ono ukes. It's awesome to share the experience and in my opinion, we as members are all the richer for threads such as these. Just my 2 cents.

Just by way of clarification: One of the many joys of this forum is about sharing the experience of having a custom instrument built. You may have also noticed a vast array of makers represented on UU in similar threads over a long period. Yes there have been a few Kinnard ukes of late as he is a newly "discovered" maker and many have been impressed with the aesthetic, build and tonal qualities of these ukes. Always a great thing to see new builders on the scene. For most it is fun to live vicariously through another's excitement, especially when it is their first experience of the process. I also have a similar thread running concurrently with this, which is documenting, graphically and in some written detail, the building of a custom baritone from Ono ukes. It's awesome to share the experience and in my opinion, we as members are all the richer for threads such as these. Just my 2 cents.

Well said Jon. I am really happy and excited when someone gets a new uke.

At the same time, piques my curiosity with these builders and could lead to a potential sale. Win-win for all parties.

Top Bottom