Thanksgiving plans.....

molokinirum

Reaction score
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, what are your plans?
For me, staying home with just the family, turkey with all the trimmings, a fire in the fireplace and some uke playing.....between the football games of course!

Going to my cousin 45 minutes away. My 95 year old uncle (his dad) lives a couple of blocks from me, so I'm designated chauffeur. And Friday there's a uke get together with one of my uke groups, rehearse and jam for a few hours.

Aloha Molo,
Have invites but need to stay home because my back is killing me...at least friends and some family will stop by with some food and chats....:) I'm not really into football, but I don't
mind it...maybe some uke playing if I can....wish I had a fireplace too to keep warm and cook stuff...hee hee :)

Hey molo....any room at your place for another guest?? That sounds really good! Going to in-laws house for the dinner, not much else going on.

lots of football! lots of munchies and pop/soda! We ordered the main dish and trimmings from
a caterer friend.

uke-playing? probably not. Tonight,I'll be teaching the last ukulele class this year (taking a couple of teaching
opportunities in 2014 - different parts of the city - Bellevue once a month [first Monday] and Edmonds
up to 3 4-week sessions). Then on Wednesday I have a regular gig for a memory wing of a Senior Residence and practice session at Shay's (North Seattle) in preparation for Sat, Nov 30th, as we 'open' the holiday celebrations at the famous, Seattle Pike Place Market!

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

keep uke'in',

Trying hard to avoid the whole thing. I hate holidays.

Trying hard to avoid the whole thing. I hate holidays.

Ha ha if you aren't joking, can I just say I *heart* you? I'm holiday-avoidant myself (especially food holidays, I blame my celiac disease for this).

I'll be spending the long weekend being thankful for the time off from work and getting some extra ukulele time in. And hiking, if the weather cooperates.

I'll be spending the long weekend being thankful for the time off from work and getting some extra ukulele time in. And hiking, if the weather cooperates.

*Jealous* I'd as soon not have anything to do with them either, but I'll be cooking and hauling dinner over to my dad's since he can't get out too well. As much as I hate holidays, even I'm not so mean as to leave him all by himself on one of them. I might be mean enough to make him listen to me play something on the uke, though. :p

Last edited:
Going to my mom's house for a big Thanksgiving dinner.

My husband and I were never big on celebrating holidays, but we always had each other. This will be my first holiday season without him and I can tell it's going to be hard for me. His aunt and uncle invited me to Thanksgiving dinner at their place, so I will go but don't know how long I will be able to stay. I don't want to be a downer at what is a happy occasion for them.

For me, staying home with just the family, turkey with all the trimmings, a fire in the fireplace and some uke playing.....between the football games of course!

All sounds good, although I'd put the uke playing INSTEAD of the football games....maybe a nice photo slideshow of some family events/trips on the TV instead. Put the football game on the TV out in the garage, if any are that desperate.

Visiting the wife's family--definitely bringing along my trusty longneck, because I KNOW that at some point I'll need the decompression that only the ukulele can provide me. Well, that and a good single-malt...

bringing a tofurky roast to my moms for a visit provided the weather is ok...and of course bringing one of my ukes.

Top Bottom