Musician's Gear ukulele case (concert)

mikelz777

Reaction score
Last edited:
I have one, I got it about 6 mos. ago, on sale for $24.99! I think it's a great case! nicely padded, great looking and sturdy with 3 latches, one locking.

inside length, 24 1/4", body, 11 1/4", body width (bout?) 7 3/4" and 5 3/4", depth about 3 1/2". padding is just less than an inch, so there's some room for a little more space. My Martin C1K fits perfectly! I also have one for my soprano Martin style 0.

case.jpg

looks great with my new Ukulele Underground sticker too!
case2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for providing those dimensions! I'm not sure if this would work or not. My current uke is exactly 24-1/4 inches in length but the upper and lower bouts (widths) may be too wide. The upper bout is 6" and the lower bout is 8-1/2". I would need another 3/4" on the lower bout and 1/4" on the upper bout. Would the case likely allow for that with the give of the padding?

I would think there's plenty of room, the foam will give extra space...

a concert flea fits very nicely in this case. i also got one for that deal 6 months ago.

I have one (also got it in the same promotion these guys did). I keep a Lanikai concert in it, basically a flamed maple version of your LU21C. Perfect fit, and more than adequate protection for an inexpensive laminated wood uke.

As of midnight 11/26, Musicians Friend has them for $27.99 with free shipping. Don't know how long that price will last, but here's the link:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-concert-ukulele-case

Iv'e got a couple of them, also a tenor, and a couple of their guitar cases. Nice cases for the money.

my concern is how in many of the reviews people had to mod the neck support. is this easy?
one person who ripped the padding out of the bottom???

I compared my soprano case, which I use for my Martin style o and I would measure the body width at 6 1/2" and my Lanikai soprano which measures 7" fits fine.

I have one. My Pono MCD-E fits perfectly. body length 10 3/4" x upper bout 6" x lower bout 8" overall 24" plenty of "give" in the foam for a slightly wider or longer bodied uke. Neck rest perfect. I cannot fault the case. I got it last year at Musician's friend during a killer sale. You can tell by the hardware it's no Oahu, but I have more than one of these if that tells you anything.

I just had another thought occur to me. Since these cases seem to be so snug with the ukuleles, is there any room for a humidifier or a hygrometer? Oh and thanks to everyone for their responses in this thread!

Last edited:
these are real hardcases at soft case prices. yea. you may have to take a few screws out and trim some styro. for $40 or less they are great cases. not as nice as a lot of cases but nothing comes close at their price.

OK, I finally broke down and bought one of these cases. I hope it lives up to all of the positive things I've read about it! I think the reason I'm having so much trepidation is that I'm buying this case for a ukulele which may or may not ever materialize and I have no way of getting its dimensions. I've been waiting for the uke to become available since February and it has yet to become available despite several anticipated delivery dates which have come and gone unrealized. If the elusive uke never happens, it sounds like I'd still be able to use the case for my current uke.

Along with others here on UU, I bought one of their tenor cases and one of their concert cases during the sale six months ago. I agree that the cases are a great buy and do fit the ukes well. The padding is thick provides good protection.

Wow! I'm glad I ran across this thread. Immediately ordered a tenor case and very glad I did! The concert case I bought last summer is totally excellent and totally tough. Even good for crime-fighting!

I got one this summer for $25 like a few others. I love the case. I put my koaloha in it. I have a tenor version that I have two Ukes stored in as well. Not the fanciest, but it suits my needs.

I just had another thought occur to me. Since these cases seem to be so snug with the ukuleles, is there any room for a humidifier or a hygrometer? Oh and thanks to everyone for their responses in this thread!

I placed a tuner, extra set of strings, a capo, a herco, a cloth, and about 10 sheets of paper in my tenor case. My concert case just has a tuner strings and herco.

I got my concert-sized Musicians Friend ukulele case in the mail today! When I opened the box and started pulling out the packing material I saw this loose, burlap like cover and had a mini panic thinking "WTFudge?!?" until I realized they had placed the case in a black bag for protection. When I pulled the case out of the bag my 2nd mini panic was that it looked so small, I thought it might be a soprano case. I tried the case with my Lanikai LU-21C and found that it was indeed a concert case.

The key word describing this case is SNUG. There is no wasted space in this case. The lower bout on my LU-21C is 8-1/2" so the case couldn't be any smaller and still fit. I'm assuming that over time, the padding of the case will compress somewhat to perfectly accommodate the uke but I had to kind of push it in. In any event, once you have the uke in this case, it's not going to move at all. I was pleased to find that the latching hardware was different than what was pictured on the web site. (musiciansfriend.com) Rather than the type of latch that just snaps over the opposite side of the latch, these are the more secure type where you have the "U" shaped loop that hooks over the opposite side before you snap down the latch. The case is very pleasing to look at and it is a nice, firm hard case, there's no give on the sides. It looks like this case is going to offer excellent protection and is easily going to successfully protect the uke from any of the knocks you're going to get carrying and moving this case around. If you wanted to damage a uke in this case it would have to be a pretty violent and intentional act. I bought this case in the hope that I'll be using it for another uke which will come a little further down the road but judging from my Lanikai, I may have to lower the neck support and the little storage case wall a bit. For the money, this case can't be beat! It looks like the sale price is gone but this is still a great value at their regular asking price.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. I was a scaredy-cat buyer and I'm pretty happy with the case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom