PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know about these electric ukes?

iamesperambient
11-25-2013, 08:56 PM
these looks tempting for the price considering their steel stringed and have an LP style http://www.zzounds.com/item--VORFLPUK2 may be cheap i can't find any info on them really....its totally in my price range with the look like. I def can't afford 800 on a risa thats for sure. I have a baritone steel stringed konablaster but an electric tenor would be nice too. I really want to know if this is low G tuned or high G can't seem to find the info on it.

kissing
11-25-2013, 11:04 PM
It's probably low-G as default, but you can tune either way you want. Just whack on a different string.

tangimango
11-25-2013, 11:51 PM
+1

any guitar shop will sell you a single steel string so you can get high G. a .017 should work
It's probably low-G as default, but you can tune either way you want. Just whack on a different string.

PhilUSAFRet
11-26-2013, 12:31 AM
If you Google Vorson ukulele, you will find not only the manufacturers website, but several other sellers. Price increases for quilt maple, and sunburst.Priciest one is $159. Seem to be too new to have any feedback. They state they are tenor sized, but no measurements. I wouldn't assume they are tuned low g. Risa's aren't, though I put a low g on mine. If they are tenor scale, I'd go with Rigk Sauer's string recommendations for the equivalent Risa model. Looks like a lot for money. Wonder about electronics. Surprising it has a truss rod. 5 lbs of something. For this kind of money, could be worth a gamble.

anthonyg
11-26-2013, 12:37 AM
I don't know anything about them but they LOOK right. The features you want in a steel string ukulele are there. Fully adjustable saddle, 2 single coil pickups, truss rod and a good string line. I took a close look at the picture and the SADDLES are setup for high G although its easy enough to setup such a saddle for low G as well.

Anthony

iamesperambient
11-26-2013, 05:27 AM
I don't know anything about them but they LOOK right. The features you want in a steel string ukulele are there. Fully adjustable saddle, 2 single coil pickups, truss rod and a good string line. I took a close look at the picture and the SADDLES are setup for high G although its easy enough to setup such a saddle for low G as well.

Anthony

it seems nice looks good and has all the specs. it does say on the website it's a tenor
one of them it shows the string gauges which
which I found it seems it's set up for high g. the price is right
the black one looks great gonna have grab one soon.

iamesperambient
11-26-2013, 05:37 AM
If you Google Vorson ukulele, you will find not only the manufacturers website, but several other sellers. Price increases for quilt maple, and sunburst.Priciest one is $159. Seem to be too new to have any feedback. They state they are tenor sized, but no measurements. I wouldn't assume they are tuned low g. Risa's aren't, though I put a low g on mine. If they are tenor scale, I'd go with Rigk Sauer's string recommendations for the equivalent Risa model. Looks like a lot for money. Wonder about electronics. Surprising it has a truss rod. 5 lbs of something. For this kind of money, could be worth a gamble.

I did google it who is the manufacturer ? because there is now website for "vorson" that comes up only reviews on their guitars and zzsounds and maybe one more selling it. i like the tele one too I think I'm going to take the gamble in 2 weeks on my next pay check.

PhilUSAFRet
11-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Assumed this is the supplier. May not be:

http://www.lanyao.com/files/html/2013%20eleuke%20guitar%20MENU-new.htm

iamesperambient
11-26-2013, 08:21 PM

thanks a lot for the link :D they look really pretty im sure not as nice as a risa but with in my price range for an electric solid body steel string tenor this is perfect! ordering one in 2 weeks :) prob the black les paul style one.

iamesperambient
11-26-2013, 08:23 PM

zzsounds says its tenor size if anyone else can find out if thats true please let me know.
im only really interested if its tenor sized.

anthonyg
11-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Just so you are aware. The instrument on ZZSounds looks to be slightly higher spec as it has 4 individual saddles. This is good. The instruments on lanyao.com have 2 saddles for 4 strings. Not so good.

Anthony

iamesperambient
11-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Just so you are aware. The instrument on ZZSounds looks to be slightly higher spec as it has 4 individual saddles. This is good. The instruments on lanyao.com have 2 saddles for 4 strings. Not so good.

Anthony

cool ya i was planning to order from zzsounds. It does say its tenor which is nice
i as far as i can see its reentrant tuning but i will prob end up setting it up for low G.

KoaDependent
11-27-2013, 05:35 AM
I don't get it. Over in another thread, just a few days ago, you said this about some electric ukes which look to be better quality than these, for just a few dollars more:

this company seems like the oriental trading co, of instruments. It just seems very cheap to me.
I'd rather save my money for a risa at this point.

And you're now excited about a no-name brand which can only be found on ZZounds.com and an even more generic-looking Chinese manufacturer site?

Go ahead and save that money for the Risa.

iamesperambient
11-27-2013, 08:19 AM
I don't get it. Over in another thread, just a few days ago, you said this about some electric ukes which look to be better quality than these, for just a few dollars more:

And you're now excited about a no-name brand which can only be found on ZZounds.com and an even more generic-looking Chinese manufacturer site?

Go ahead and save that money for the Risa.

well for one I states I don't like the hollow body build on those ukes 2. I don't want to bother pooling money together with a group of people for a uke that I don't like the look of. this is the size color and solid build I'm looking for to hold me over until I can save for the risa.

there's your answer