does anyone know about these electric ukes?

iamesperambient

Reaction score
these looks tempting for the price considering their steel stringed and have an LP style http://www.zzounds.com/item--VORFLPUK2 may be cheap i can't find any info on them really....its totally in my price range with the look like. I def can't afford 800 on a risa thats for sure. I have a baritone steel stringed konablaster but an electric tenor would be nice too. I really want to know if this is low G tuned or high G can't seem to find the info on it.

If you Google Vorson ukulele, you will find not only the manufacturers website, but several other sellers. Price increases for quilt maple, and sunburst.Priciest one is $159. Seem to be too new to have any feedback. They state they are tenor sized, but no measurements. I wouldn't assume they are tuned low g. Risa's aren't, though I put a low g on mine. If they are tenor scale, I'd go with Rigk Sauer's string recommendations for the equivalent Risa model. Looks like a lot for money. Wonder about electronics. Surprising it has a truss rod. 5 lbs of something. For this kind of money, could be worth a gamble.

I don't know anything about them but they LOOK right. The features you want in a steel string ukulele are there. Fully adjustable saddle, 2 single coil pickups, truss rod and a good string line. I took a close look at the picture and the SADDLES are setup for high G although its easy enough to setup such a saddle for low G as well.

Anthony

I don't know anything about them but they LOOK right. The features you want in a steel string ukulele are there. Fully adjustable saddle, 2 single coil pickups, truss rod and a good string line. I took a close look at the picture and the SADDLES are setup for high G although its easy enough to setup such a saddle for low G as well.

Anthony

it seems nice looks good and has all the specs. it does say on the website it's a tenor
one of them it shows the string gauges which
which I found it seems it's set up for high g. the price is right
the black one looks great gonna have grab one soon.

If you Google Vorson ukulele, you will find not only the manufacturers website, but several other sellers. Price increases for quilt maple, and sunburst.Priciest one is $159. Seem to be too new to have any feedback. They state they are tenor sized, but no measurements. I wouldn't assume they are tuned low g. Risa's aren't, though I put a low g on mine. If they are tenor scale, I'd go with Rigk Sauer's string recommendations for the equivalent Risa model. Looks like a lot for money. Wonder about electronics. Surprising it has a truss rod. 5 lbs of something. For this kind of money, could be worth a gamble.

I did google it who is the manufacturer ? because there is now website for "vorson" that comes up only reviews on their guitars and zzsounds and maybe one more selling it. i like the tele one too I think I'm going to take the gamble in 2 weeks on my next pay check.

Just so you are aware. The instrument on ZZSounds looks to be slightly higher spec as it has 4 individual saddles. This is good. The instruments on lanyao.com have 2 saddles for 4 strings. Not so good.

Anthony

Just so you are aware. The instrument on ZZSounds looks to be slightly higher spec as it has 4 individual saddles. This is good. The instruments on lanyao.com have 2 saddles for 4 strings. Not so good.

Anthony

cool ya i was planning to order from zzsounds. It does say its tenor which is nice
i as far as i can see its reentrant tuning but i will prob end up setting it up for low G.

I don't get it. Over in another thread, just a few days ago, you said this about some electric ukes which look to be better quality than these, for just a few dollars more:
this company seems like the oriental trading co, of instruments. It just seems very cheap to me.
I'd rather save my money for a risa at this point.

And you're now excited about a no-name brand which can only be found on ZZounds.com and an even more generic-looking Chinese manufacturer site?

Go ahead and save that money for the Risa.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Over in another thread, just a few days ago, you said this about some electric ukes which look to be better quality than these, for just a few dollars more:

And you're now excited about a no-name brand which can only be found on ZZounds.com and an even more generic-looking Chinese manufacturer site?

Go ahead and save that money for the Risa.

well for one I states I don't like the hollow body build on those ukes 2. I don't want to bother pooling money together with a group of people for a uke that I don't like the look of. this is the size color and solid build I'm looking for to hold me over until I can save for the risa.

there's your answer

Top Bottom