Concert Banjo Uke openback with 10" pot?

TLE

Reaction score
Hello,

I am considering a concert banjo uke with a 10" pot. Is that really going to be an oddball? I know that it resembles a short neck 4 string tenor banjo, but I struggle with long scale lengths due to my wrist. I'm more comfortable fretting closer to my body. I just thought the 10" pot would be "neat" and offer a better sound. May be wrong, since I am a real beginner. I already have a Soprano resonator banjo uke.

Have any of you builders put a 10" pot on a concert uke neck? If so, how did you like it and were there any regrets?

Thank you for your opinions.

TLE

Can't be too much of a problem. Goldtone will install a tenor banjo uke neck on a full-sized 11" pot without problems.

Hello,

I am considering a concert banjo uke with a 10" pot. Is that really going to be an oddball? I know that it resembles a short neck 4 string tenor banjo, but I struggle with long scale lengths due to my wrist. I'm more comfortable fretting closer to my body. I just thought the 10" pot would be "neat" and offer a better sound. May be wrong, since I am a real beginner. I already have a Soprano resonator banjo uke.

Have any of you builders put a 10" pot on a concert uke neck? If so, how did you like it and were there any regrets?

Thank you for your opinions.

TLE

Hi it won't be an issue in my opinion, I built one a while back and it sounded and played absolutely fine. 8" heads have become the norm, but 10" tenors are available, and there is no reason that a 10 inch concert size won't suit you.
Kind Regards
Dennis

I have made several Banjo ukes with a 10" pot, the sound is great, for me even better than the 8" soprano Ukes.

Thanks for your help. I decided to go with a Tenor neck on my 10" pot. Can't wait. It is so exciting going through the design and build process.

TLE

Top Bottom