Has anyone played a Cordoba 25SB bamboo uke?

Captain Simian

Reaction score
Post Deleted

Last edited:
I got one about a year ago. It was a "Stupid Deal of the Day" @$100. It came set up pretty well. The sales guy said that I could return it if I didn't like it. It has surprising sustain for a cheap uke. I put a low G on it and it sounds very even. I like it a lot. I wish it had more than 12 frets.

I also partook of that "deal of the day" offer last year. This little gem rings beautifully for $100 uke. More of a strumming machine than anything but I leave it out and accessible to grab and don't have to worry about humidity levels. The tight Bamboo woodgrain is kinda pretty too in a simple way.
If you get one that is set up well (again.. it's a $100 instrument), I think you'll like it.

sweet deal, but I need another soprano like I need a hole in the head!

I have one of these bamboo ukes that I got on sale, too. I actually purchased a soprano and a concert at the same time. I really like the soprano. Mine is fairly loud and bright without sounding thin. It looks pretty and my friends like it. It's sort of cool that it's made out of panda food. I think it's a bit silly to have a cutaway to access the higher frets that don't exist, but I don't regret the purchase. It needed a bit of set up, but what uke doesn't.

The concert was a complete dog, though. Fit and finish was not good, it had uneven frets, and it sounded kinda bad too. That one was quickly returned for a refund.

At $80 you can't go wrong and if you don't love it send it back.

Cheers,
Russ

Top Bottom