Anyone in the Milwaukee area that can recommend a good store for ukes?

Preacher

Reaction score
I will be in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, next week and am hoping to visit a store or two that carries quality 'ukuleles. Can anyone recommend one? A Yahoo search says there are 118 listings. I'd like to narrow it down a bit.

Thanks for any help you can give. I'm really hoping to see something more than the three brands my local store carries.

Honestly, I am not from there so i can't help. But I would suggest checking out these vendors in no particular order:

1. www.ukerepublic.com (personal friend and my top choice)
2. www.mimsukes.com (another personal friend and 2nd choice)
3. www.theukulelesite.com (great reputation)

I know they are all online, but all three are also brick and mortars now.

basically what I have gathered is you really want to try an instrument before you buy it. You have a kamaka so your quality will be different than what most stores sell or offer. THose three dealers I listed are all standup members here that focus on ukes first.

You have let UAS sink in.

You have no idea. I was just at a conference for 3 days, and our schedule was literally from 8:30am to 9:30pm each day. I came back to my hotel room totally exhausted and wanting to go to bed. But what did I do instead? I spent a couple hours online each night pouring over this site, HMS, Mainland Ukes, and lots of reviews trying to figure out what to get next. And I was REALLY MAD that I couldn't bring my uke with me to practice.

Mainland is way out in front of all the others at this point, by the way. But I want to get a feel for the different sizes and hear how different woods sound. And I'm hoping to visit Mike's shop in person.

The best uke selection i've seen in the area is Cream City Music. It's been a few months since ive been there so I'm not sure what kind of stock they have at the moment.

Last time I was at Cream City they were liquidating most of their uke stock. I send folks to North Star Music, in Wauwatosa, on North Avenue and oh, about 68th or so. The guy who runs it loves ukes. Good luck!

Top Bottom