PDA

View Full Version : Blueridge

BigD
11-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone does anyone play own or have any experience with these guitars? im looking into them and also seagulls for an about 400 dollar guitar. Any info is helpful, thanks!

didgeridoo2
11-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Six string or tenor?

Captain America
11-27-2013, 03:18 AM
Blueridges that I've seen are usually sounding pretty good. . . but I passed up on them in favor of a Guild GAD 50, which is a great buy for the buck. You might want to add Guild to your list.

BigD
11-27-2013, 05:42 AM
Six string sorry. Those tenors look mighty fine as well but i gotta keep a reign on my spending right now lol im looking for a roughly 400 dollar six string acoustic. Ive seen guilds but most of them that i have seen seem to be more expensive :/

Captain America
11-27-2013, 12:25 PM
I think Blueridge hits the sweetspot there. Br 160 if you can.

mds725
11-27-2013, 09:53 PM
I have a Blueridge tenor. I know you're looking at six strings, but I thought it might help you to know that my tenor is well built, sweet and loud. The neck's a bit deep from fretboard to back, at least compared with my ukuleles, but it's comfortable and playable. Great for what I paid (somewhere in the $400 range). My six string guitars are a Taylor Mini and an $800 Breedlove dreadnaught. I've heard good things about Seagulls.

GASguy
11-28-2013, 03:52 AM
I have heard good things about Seagull and Blueridge guitars, one very high end guitar store in Pittsburg PA that also sells a lot of Collings guitars and ukes used to and may still stock custom Bluridge guitars as their budget line of guitars which I think speaks well of them.

I would also look at Eastman guitars in your price range, I have a higher end Eastman maple 17" jumbo I bought as a beater and I think it compares very well for the money to my more expensive guitars, Martins, Taylors, Collings, Goodalls, McPherson, Santa Cruz, etc.

Having said all that I agree you should go out and play everything you can get your hands on, hit the chain stores like Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc. and try to get to some independent guitar shops as well.

Don't overlook used guitars or demos you can personally inspect and play, it can give you more bang for your buck.

Pippin
11-30-2013, 10:23 AM
GAD series Guilds are better than most of the Blueridge line. A good many of their guitars have way too much bling for my taste. I can't get past the Seagull headstock. In the $400 range, you are a bit limited. For just a little more, the Taylor GS Mini is a fantastic guitar. I love the New Yorker when I can find them. Takamine makes it-- but they don't produce many of them.

Fender has a couple of parlor guitars, but, I have not played any of them yet. I want to give one a test-drive when I can.