So yea.. i got another uke...

Ukulele_Junkie

Reaction score
Went around places today, happened to stop by dusty strings to buy a pack of aquila nylguts for my concert ukulele... bad idea.. i got intrigued by this 300 dollar KIWAYA K-WAVE solid mahogany Rock Uke with piezo pick up. i played 3 seperate ones:
ok sorry to do a goldilocks analogy but, i picked up the first 1, it was kinda crappy, the 2nd one is was pretty good, then i picked up this black and white one, the older model of the other two, but i was like whoa i like this, it looks like a guitar heroes guitar, but man does it pack a punch on the amp. So yeah instead of buying strings i bought a 300 dollar uke. frickin stupid me. But yeah it does match my hoodie. Ukulele isn't just a instrument, it's a style. Yeah so what the hell bought a matching strap.
PICT0004.jpg

K-wave2.jpg

So what u guys think? I'm actually thinking of returning it cuz yeah i keep spending money, i got 10 days to think about it.

Last edited:
Thats an amazing ukulele man, i love it. As far as the returning thing goes, i understand buyers remorse more than anyone, but you gotta do what makes you happy!

ive seen those at a few shops but never picked on up. how does it sound? is it comparable to uke?

Howlie Boy:cool:

ive seen those at a few shops but never picked on up. how does it sound? is it comparable to uke?

Howlie Boy:cool:

IMO it has a very nice deep and mellow sound, i really do like it, but yeah its kinda hard deciding if i really need another uke rite now. and yes it sounds jus like a ukulele despite its oddly, but unique shaped body.

Last edited:
I think its a good looking ukulele. but yeah, i say suffer until thenext pau check... if its in the next 7 days and you still think you need more cash then u still have 3 days to figure it out!! ^^

the final verdict is..... I'm not going to keep it, This is going back on Thurs. due to the fact my amp sucks and doesn't bring the full potential of the ukulele like it did in the store, and I don't need another ukulele rite now. :eek:

Thanks for the input guys.

most probably the best choice.

ha man, outta no where the ukulele was saying PLAY ME PLAY ME, and i did and i had fun with it once again. Ah so i take back my verdict this is madness....

I'll post up a video of it in a bit, see what u guys think.

There will always be other ukes,but I do admit that did look awesome. It was like a telecaster style uke.

ha yeah, this color/model is actually discontinued on the kiwaya website, so i'm thinking if i change my mind in the future it won't be there for me to get anymore, despite how my amp sucks so much it does sound nice by itself. plus my credit card has a no interest for 6 months deal on it.

Here's the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQYCuKP6zS4

Choose 1 haha
A. You should totally keep it
B. Really nice, but i'm neutral
C. Dammit josh u broke ass, return it!

Last edited:
I've had my K-rock tele (tobacco sunburst) since 2005. When I first got it, I played it like mad. Now it sits in the case... not bad at all. I like the slimline body and the neck.. oh, the neck is sweet and Maple fretboard too. I was gonna sell it, but just couldn't bring myself to do so, so I'll just keep it. Too bad you plan to return yours. These are unique ukes.. but just for the sake of this thread I think I'll drag it out an tune it up. BTW, Worth strings works great w/this uke (the black strings that came with it sucked IMO).

I've had my K-rock tele (tobacco sunburst) since 2005. When I first got it, I played it like mad. Now it sits in the case... not bad at all. I like the slimline body and the neck.. oh, the neck is sweet and Maple fretboard too. I was gonna sell it, but just couldn't bring myself to do so, so I'll just keep it. Too bad you plan to return yours. These are unique ukes.. but just for the sake of this thread I think I'll drag it out an tune it up. BTW, Worth strings works great w/this uke (the black strings that came with it sucked IMO).

yeah i think i'm keeping it, its so cool looking and sound nice IMO. but yeh worth concert strings?

Update:

So yeah farewell to Lucy which would of been her name if I kept it, main reason for the return, weird shape made playing upper frets difficult and intonation was only good at the bottom frets. So I thought of taking it cheap ($176.50) and gettin a kala black tenor with Pickup. I plan on doing jus amp jams and i'm going to be just teaching ukulele basics to a few people so i'm not trying to go too expensive with it. If any of you have this kala model how is it? And is it good with any amp?

4e26_1.JPG

Oh yeah just call me Kuya Undecisive. I had mixed thoughts of keeping that ukulele this whole week I couldnt think straight.

Last edited:
Update:

So yeah farewell to Lucy which would of been her name if I kept it, main reason for the return, weird shape made playing upper frets difficult and intonation was only good at the bottom frets. So I thought of taking it cheap ($176.50) and gettin a kala black tenor with Pickup. I plan on doing jus amp jams and i'm going to be just teaching ukulele basics to a few people so i'm not trying to go too expensive with it. If any of you have this kala model how is it? And is it good with any amp?

4e26_1.JPG

Oh yeah just call me Kuya Undecisive. I had mixed thoughts of keeping that ukulele this whole week I couldnt think straight.

im planning on getting the same one, haha

Top Bottom