I spent the afternoon alone enjoying NUDity

Fishcranium

Reaction score
I am quite new to Ukes and finally received my first real one today. I ordered a Pono ATD. There are many others like it but this one is mine. It is amazing what a difference a real Ukulele makes after playing with my kid's inexpensive ones over the past month. I ordered it in low G because I want to back up my wife on the fiddle (she is an actual musician). it has a beautiful warm sound and should compliment her fiddle tunes well.

I can not wait to learn how to play it!!!

Thank you all again for the information on this site….I have been lurking for quite a while and look forward to learning more from you.

Scott

Scott...Happy NUD to you! You will have a great time playing that, and it is great to have a wife to play with you. Lots to be grateful for.

There are many others like it but this one is mine.
Lol

It is a big difference. I started about 18 months ago, and the switch from cheap uke to real instrument was awesome. Of course, as I write this I have th cheapo starter craddled in my arms in bed for a night-time noodling beside my spouse.
She does not begrudge my first love (of ukuleleness)

Congrats on the new Pono ATD! I bought one about a month ago, and I love mine. It plays great and sounds amazingly resonant.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Pono Tenors are magic! :)

Lol

Of course, as I write this I have th cheapo starter craddled in my arms in bed for a night-time noodling beside my spouse.
She does not begrudge my first love (of ukuleleness)

Guilty. I still find myself playing on the 35 dollar pineapple uke throughout the day because i am picking it up off the floor constantly after the twins drool all over it and "play" tunes.

I finally named this beautiful uke Meli [meh' lee] after playing it for a couple of days. It is my understanding that it means honey. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Sweet name! Oh, and YOU are a real musician now, too:)

Congrats on the Pono! Those ukes are some of the best for the buck. Make sure you post some videos when you start your duets.

Top Bottom