Hoping to reunite with my mang Kanilea someday after family tragedy, can u help?

Nuke-ulele

Reaction score
image.jpg

Hello, all!

In 2009, I had to let go of my custom made, slanted headstock, mango Kanilea tenor ukulele. A member here bought it from me and became a friend when my wife lost her job, then had our son a week later, and then shortly thereafter she was diagnosed with cancer. That combination knocked us off our feet and many of you expressed kind thought to me back then, so thank you! I needed the money and it was a casualty of the times, sadly.

Well my heart was broken and I always hoped to see the uke, which was named Ferdinand, again. The buyer sold it himself, and I believe that his buyer also sold it, so now it is in the hands of at least owner #4, though I do not know who that is. Even if I find him or her, she may not want to sell it, and I'm still a little hard up for enough cash, probably.

It last sold in late 2011 on the forums here, for around $800. It had a mango body and top, ebony fretboard, slanted "fender style" headstock, mahogany neck, black top binding, and anthracite dark grey Grover guitar-style tuners. I miss it and even if I just knew what had happened to it that would be ok, too. I just hope that someone on here may know where it is, and I do dream of owning it again someday. With three owners since me, it's like it is still wandering, too!

Anyone?

Thank you! - Zak

Good luck to you! That is a true custom. I have never seen a Kanilea with a Fender headstock. I hope it finds its way home!

Thanks, man! Yeah, they made it just for me. It was heartbreaking to let it go, but maybe it's my destiny to find it again!

I have no information for you, but good luck! I hope you find it! If the last person who sold it used paypal...I imagine they could get an email address, even if they had to contact paypal for it.

What a story! I hope things have improved in your life since then.

If the ukulele sold here on the forums in 2011, it's possible to locate the thread in the forums for its sale. If you can find the thread you could contact the seller, who may remember who bought it, or the seller may have posted a "thank you" or "got it!" in that thread. Good luck with your search, and please keep us posted.

Thanks, guys! I did find the 2011 sale thread, but there is no info there on who got it. I do have a message in to the seller, so who knows. He hasn't been active in a long time on here, though. The search continues! Just keep you eyes peeled for me, I appreciate it.

The trail is drying up, folks! Has anyone seen the Fender headstock Kanilea at your local jam session? If it is ever found, and teh owner sells it back to me, it would be a happy Christmas, indeed. At any rate, I am just curious whatever happened to the little guy!

Aloha Zak....
I would contact Matt...the jumping flea as he is the last known owner..and work from there....he is still here... good luck and hope you get a super christmas

Thanks, Stan. I have actually spoken with Matt, and the guy he sold it to as well. That guy then sold it again, but I do not know who that is at this point! It is on at least it's fourth owner now. Thank you for your help!

Zak, sorry I have no info to offer - this is the first I'm hearing of this uke. I just want to send my best wishes! I've been in a similar bind with a non-custom uke and can only imagine the feeling if it had been a more specialized one... All the best to you and yours, and to the wandering uke as well!

Thanks! I was able speak with Matt (Jumping Flea...owner 2) and Dan (in Hawaii...owner 3) but found out it was sold to a Mike Thompson (owner 4) when then sold it himself, but we don't know who he sold it to (owner 5) or if that owner 5, if we find him, even still has it or wants to sell/keep it. Anyway, I hope to track down Mike so I can try and find owner 5! Poor uke just needs a forever home with me again! It is destiny, has to be why it has been so well travelled!

Top Bottom