Galli strings customer service expierence

hammer40

Reaction score
I recently sent away for a few sets of Galli strings (out of Italy) to try out. They have been making guitar strings for a long time but just this year ventured into uke strings. They have Fluorocarbon sets available, UX770 is the tenor set.

When I received the strings, and opened a package, I found that the strings were all in one single pouch and not marked in any way. I found it difficult to distinguish between the strings by eye. I thought that was pretty lame, so I sent an email to galli. This was the response I got a day later.

"Dear Sir

We are very sorry for the difficulty we have caused. It is our project to pack the ukulele single strings separately and your suggestion will be for sure an incentive to u for doing it. We truly hope one day you will come back to be a customer of our strings

With best regards

Customer care"

While I haven't strung these up yet and don't know how they sound, I thought it was great that they responded to a complaint and very quickly at that.

Do you have a set of calipers(electronic micrometer) ? You didn't tell us if there is a wound string, or all four are monofilament. The largest is usually the third string up from your toes or second down from your nose. the really skinny one is closest to your feet. Of the two remaining, the thicker one will go between the two you have in place. The fourth one gets the only spot left. If you have a set of flat blade automotive feeler gauges, you can build them up until they feel the same gauge as the different strings.

No, I don't have my own set of calipers, but I took the strings to work to measure them out. I mentioned that they are fluorocarbon strings, they don't have the wound third. The string diameters are .022 for the A, G, then.027 for E, and .031 fore the C string. I could make out the thinner strings, but my eyes couldn't make out the middle two. I have not seen any other manufacturer lump all the string together in a pouch unmarked, but hey, I could be wrong.

I just thought it was great that they recognize that they're packaging could be better and are willing to correct it for their customers.

The soprano and tenor Galli strings I purchased were not packaged all together but in pairs. The G and A wound together and the C and E wound together in the same packet. The specifications on the packaging indicated the soprano G and A at .020 and the soprano C and E at .027 and .026. Visually the soprano C and E are hard to distinguish but holding the strings and flexing slightly makes the difference in string diameter immediately apparent.
It is a similar set up for the tenors with as the specs you measured conform to those on the packaging. The difference between the .027 and .031 End C strings if not seen can be easily felt by flexing the string slightly. So who needs more packaging and more trash to throw out? I like Galli's economic system and see no need to change.

Top Bottom