I did it I did it! (b)minor victories

weaselrina

Reaction score
I played a Bm! Not a great or clean Bm mind you, but a Bm nonetheless. It was the first time I've played one since I started learning in July where it sounded like a chord and not a squeaky cough.

I would like to thank whoever it was that posted in an earlier thread (i can't find it) the tip to tilt the neck upward when playing barre chords so that the wrist doesn't need to bend. Thats what did the trick. Now I can actually play it without doing that but it got me over the hump.

:D

Congratulations !! It took me 4 months every single day and I still can't switch in a timely way, I'm celebrating with you!

Congratters .........tricky those with the fretted finger on the g string ....but you got all the minors now !!

Just slide up and down the neck...one fret towards the headstock (down) and Bb minor one up the neck C minor two more D minor etc ... cool eh ?......sorry I'm rambling now ...

congrats.
FWIW, my stumbling comes from playing in D with a following Bm. If I play D at first position with my middle finger, I get a very slow transition to Bm. When I fret the D at second position with my index the Bm comes almost instantly. So now depending on the following chord I need to play the D with different fingers. KUTGW

Congrats. That's a big step and opens up lots of new options to playing off the nut!

Keep at 'er!

Top Bottom