a realization ...

iamesperambient

Reaction score
I was playing my recently passed away step dad's guitar tonight and I realized I was with out thinking playing it like a baritone uke and ignoring the e and a strings I've been playing guitar since I was 14 I'm 32 now and I can say I just like the feel and way of playing a uke so much better it just feels right to me.

I've had just the opposite experience......

I've been ignoring my uke recently - playing more guitar (both electric and acoustic). Today I picked up my uke and missed the bass strings and sound of my guitar.

A change is as good as a holiday. If you have been playing guitar or baritone for a long time there is nothing wrong with trying the other one for a while. Unless you are a professional player who needs to perform to get paid, your skill level on either at any given time is not going to be such a big issue, you are allowed to be in a learning phase on one and a good player phase on the other.
If you have a favourite guitar because you love the sound or for a sentimental reason, and just want to focus on baritone for a particular period or reason, just cut off the low E and A strings and enjoy the sound playing it like a baritone. You can re-arrange the strings and even mess around with bridges and nuts if you are really keen.

I have a konablaster solid body electric baritone ukulele i consider it the perfect instrument for me.
I would prob hang myself if something happened to it. i love it so much.

Top Bottom