A postivie Guitar Center experience

Captain Simian

Reaction score
Post Deleted

Last edited:
It's nice to know that there are still people out there who provide excellent customer service.

Thanks for posting this. Like you, when I feel that I've gotten outstanding service (whether it involves a retail store, a repair person, or a hospital) I tell the employee and then make an effort to let someone in charge know about it as well.

I frequent the Hollywood, California and West Los Angeles stores often. I've never had a bad experience in Hollywood, but did run into a young guy in WLA who did have a bit of an attitude. The vast majority of the employees there are very helpful and courteous. Even though I mentioned that their uke selection is limited, I did talk to young woman in WLA who seemed to know something about ukuleles. I take one person at a time, so I will never make a blanket statement.

Like any business, no better than it's employees. Glad you had a good experience and that you shared it.

Looks like there maybe some GC issues in the near future.
Guitar Center

That's an interesting article. I'm curious, though, why Guitar Center would still be opening new locations if things are that bad. They just opened a new store in my area about 4 months ago.

Looks like there maybe some GC issues in the near future.
Guitar Center

Like the article says, I won't be missing them. They ran a lot of small music shops out of business and as soon as they think the ukulele craze is over, you won't be able to get your ukuleles there or in that corner shop that used to be the local music store.

Like the article says, I won't be missing them. They ran a lot of small music shops out of business and as soon as they think the ukulele craze is over, you won't be able to get your ukuleles there or in that corner shop that used to be the local music store.

Exactly. GC is the WalMart of the musical instrument world. I've purchased things there when I had to but I try to avoid it...not least because setting foot in there is usually like stepping into musical hell especially if the young'uns ain't in school...

John

Interesting you should mention - I went to my local GC recently, and noticed a very significant reduction in the presence of ukuleles. There is only 1 Mitchell baritone in the acoustic room, amongst a wall of mandolins and banjos. Used to be the exact opposite. There is still a stand outside for Lanikai ukuleles, but in that stand there are one or two Fender, Mahalo, and Cordobas.

In general it just felt like ukes are out, mandolin and banjos are in.

Top Bottom