Ukulele Calendar???

KnowsPickin

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a ukulele calendar to put up at work? I don't see any this year. Last year there was at least a cheezy one with stylized, folk-art type pictures (not very good ones). This year I can't find squat.

I'd like to either find one with photos of really beautiful ukes or one with photos/paintings of really beautiful women holding ukes. (Of course, girl photos must be discrete if I'm going to post at work.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks for that search. But I'd seen that too. Those are almost all calendars with a single picture with the whole year below it on one page. I'd rather have a calendar with a different uke per month. There was one in that group that looked great. unfortunately it was for 2012.

Does anyone know where I can find a ukulele calendar to put up at work? I don't see any this year. Last year there was at least a cheezy one with stylized, folk-art type pictures (not very good ones). This year I can't find squat....

Maybe this sort of feedback discourages people from creating and selling ukulele calendars.

Thanks for that search. But I'd seen that too. Those are almost all calendars with a single picture with the whole year below it on one page. I'd rather have a calendar with a different uke per month. There was one in that group that looked great. unfortunately it was for 2012.

The 2012 ukulele calendar you mentioned with different ukuleles for each month was created by UU member (and talented photographer) Lori (UU user name Lori). The calendar pictured is for 2012, but when you click on it to get to its page, there's a pull-down menu that lets you select January 2014 and several months after that as the starting month, so maybe Lori and CafePress is using the same photos from the 2012 calendar to make a 2014 calendar.

http://www.cafepress.com/+ukulele_calendar_2013_grated,586898627

You could always contact Lori and ask her.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the clarification. I will look further into it. Maybe Lori will notice the thread and comment.

I had commented in other posts I think that a very nicely done calendar with very nice photos from a dozen of the very notable luthiers (eg, Chuck Moore, Jay Lichty, etc.) would be popular among the Uke crowd.

Yes, it is true that the ukulele calendars that I designed for 2011 and 2012 are still available, but with 2014 dates. Last year I noticed I got a few orders, and was panicked thinking someone bought an old calendar by mistake. But when I looked into it closer, I saw they were re-using the art for the next year. So, any of you that don't already have one of these can order it complete with 2014 dates. Please note that there are 2 versions of the 2012 calendar, one is PG rated (I think March was the girly month)
http://www.cafepress.com/+ukulele_calendar_2013_pgrated,586898628
http://www.cafepress.com/+ukulele_calendar_2013_grated,586898627
http://www.cafepress.com/+ukulele_calendar_2011,487344151

–Lori
PS This is something Cafe Press did on it's own. I suppose I should redesign the cover, so not to discourage the Googlers. But I don't want people who bought the original year to be confused.

Last edited:
Fantastic. I will definitely order. How PG is the PG version? I work in an office primarily with women. Will I get frowned at? :confused:

I think it would be easy to find cool pics of your choice on the net and have one made by shutterfly or some such company. You are making one for yourself and not selling them so shouldn't have the copyright police bashing down your door. Plus you could include pics of your own uke activities and friends. One of a kind and personal.

Fantastic. I will definitely order. How PG is the PG version? I work in an office primarily with women. Will I get frowned at? :confused:
The PG version is with a Chuck Moore (Moore Bettah Ukuleles) headstock inlay. It is a nude woman in a classically graceful pose. I am not offended by it, but then again, I studied art and art history, and think it is beautiful. The G version omits the girl and adds another detail from a dragon inlay by Chuck. I choose the PG version for me.

–Lori

Attachments

• mar_moore_bettah_dragon_2.jpg
    mar_moore_bettah_dragon_2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 11
  • mar_moore_bettah_dragon_1.jpg
    mar_moore_bettah_dragon_1.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I think it would be easy to find cool pics of your choice on the net and have one made by shutterfly or some such company. You are making one for yourself and not selling them so shouldn't have the copyright police bashing down your door. Plus you could include pics of your own uke activities and friends. One of a kind and personal.

Anybody can do a custom project on Cafe Press, and I believe you can keep it private if you choose to. There are several companies that do that. One of the easiest ways to do a custom calendar is doing it directly from iPhoto. It is all in the templates... some companies have better looking templates.

–Lori

Top Bottom