Gretsch G9112

freackykit

Reaction score
Hiya all,

Been away for a while cos real life can do that sometimes but always had a uke in hand...

Anyway I broke a cardinal rule of mine...normally I research ukes like mad before purchasing but the other week was at a drum shop with a few mates ( after all, who would expect them selling ukes, so I was safe wasn't i?).

Well the raising popularity of the uke meant I found this little gem - no knowledge of the make or model, my first concert and first resonator. I fell in love with the thing and just couldn't abandon it ,

What do you guys think?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og0Wh7xJrXE&feature=youtube_gdata

Chris

I have the Kala version. The Gretsch's have garnered a good reputation for good value and decent sound. IN a reso, about as good a value as you can get for the money. Congrats. Check out Del Rey's "Blue Uke" instructional DVD....I am currently working on it and I think it's an excellent value compared to many out there.

I recently bought a Gretsch G9121 A.C.E. for $199 USD from the internet based on the good reviews and price, never touched one before. Solid mahogany top and boy does it sound good.

Yeah, never heard of them before - and never had the pleasure of seeing the kala resomator in the flesh or many reviews around about it - there are a few but not many. And the DVD you recommend looks good - may be just the thing I need as I branch out not more complex chordings,
Cheers

Chris

Top Bottom