titanium ukulele strings?

iamesperambient

Reaction score
I think I read in a thread here several months ago that Aldrine plays T2's on his uke. I have a set on my tenor - I'm not a real fan, but they don't suck.

I used T2s on my Moore Bettah concert for about 3 years. I was a big fan. Right now I am using Savarez and I'm a big fan.

Yes, Aldrine uses T2s.

Tried them on my MP. Never felt/sounded right.

I was not a fan, they just never sounded right on my ukes, and didn't care for the tension, but each their own, YMMV

Ko'olau Alohi's are the same material (Plain Monofilament) as T2's. I like the Alohi's with a wound 3rd.
They feel great, very smooth. My issue is they constantly needed tuning adjustments.

Ko'olau Alohi's
4th G – .032 Plain Monofilament
3rd C – .041 Plain Monofilament
2nd E – .033 Plain Monofilament
1st A – .029 Plain Monofilament
See more at:http://koolauukulele.com/products-page/strings/

For D'addario T2's they use the same string for G and A.
4th G – .029 Plain Monofilament
3rd C – .041 Plain Monofilament
2nd E – .033 Plain Monofilament
1st A – .029 Plain Monofilament

http://www.daddario.com/DADProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=3769&productid=261&productname=EJ87T_Titanium_Ukulele__Tenor

I like them. I get the Alohi's from HMS. You can get either one or 2 wound bases. My pono bari was buzzing slightly on the treble strings, so I put the Alohi on, no buzzing. the trebles are much thicker than the Martin's I had on. I think they sound fine, and I like the thicker strings.

I have tried them. I don't love the tension, but I do think they sound very nice.

im confused are they metal plated strings? i was under the impression titanium is a form of metal? im guessing its like the aquila red series how their copper coated? ill check em out when its time to restring my concert.

im confused are they metal plated strings? i was under the impression titanium is a form of metal? im guessing its like the aquila red series how their copper coated? ill check em out when its time to restring my concert.

Metal plated? No.

Fluorocarbon I think. Since switching to Savarez, I think the T2s are just too thick.

Metal plated? No.

Fluorocarbon I think. Since switching to Savarez, I think the T2s are just too thick.

oh ok. kind of ...false advertising using the term 'titanium" i just think of a giant ship made of titanium and think of metal strings. Not really sure why their called that than very odd.

T2 strings are nylon. They have a purple color that some people like. D'Addario calls them "titanium" as a bit of marketing fluff.

I didn't like them, but that may have been more the instrument I had them on.

I didn't really care for them either.

No, not metal. They do have a greyish tint to them. They're thick, and I think low tension. Works great on certain ukes, not so well on others. I prefer the Alohis with the heavier G. I tried the thinner G and it seems to lose something. YMMV

Doug

Top Bottom