Washburn Rover Classical... Daddy Wants...

GrumpyCoyote

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Ok,

Someone tell me why this isn't a great way to blow $150US? I really wanna give this a whirl.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--WASROVERN

p26208m-6441ecb373c76081c6677c9e84cb1b61.jpg

Anyone have one (or the steel string version)?

Full-size 24 in. scale

Solid Spruce top

Mahogany body and neck

Rosewood fingerboard

Quality geared tuners

Professional binding and inlay

Comes complete with the highest quality cordura case with hard foam-lined, molded interior

Internal and external storage pockets

Backpack and luggage straps

3 D dings are used for straps or luggage clip ons

Sized to fit airline overhead storage

Great sound, great shape, great fun!

my local music shop carries the steel version--

It's got a very metallic sound--you're not going to get a lot of warm tones out of this lil guy...

...still fun to play on though, and I would definitely buy it if I traveled a lot or hiked or something

Saw that in the new best buy music section... it's pretty cool. The fretboard's a little awkwardly weighted due to the size of the body but it's very nifty for the price. I would say go for it if you had the spare cash.

boy, when u said "steel version" i immediately thought steel body like a resonator.. :mad: darn - LOL

I have a Rover (steel strings). The interesting thing is that it sounds like my old Les Paul. I used to play a lot of rock n' roll. When I was playing all the time I played a Gibson Les Paul, but I've played a Fender Tele, a Washburn Ivory Eagle (custom), and other guitars (not to mention acoustics of many manufacturers).

The Rover has a great neck. I don't care for the Vinci strings that come on them. I do think a version with a pickup would be cool... they don't make it. That sort of goes against the idea of a "travel guitar" in some people's minds. I'd like to put an LR Baggs in this one, though.

It is louder than I expected. It is great for playing 38 Special (Hold On Loosely), Eagles (Hotel California), Rush (Xanadu), Boston (anything). There is little 'bass" sound though because the body is so thin. Front to back, it is less than two inches deep. It is about one inch deep near the neck. The lower bout is, perhaps, ten inches across the widest point.

It is top-heavy due to the full-sized neck.

As long as you're looking at travel guitars, check this one out.

http://www.troubadour.uk.com/?page_id=6

I've bought (and subsequently sold) Martin Backpacker, Baby Taylor, and like this one better than either one. Like the Backpacker (and Rover) you will need to add a strap to keep it from running away from you.

As long as you're looking at travel guitars, check this one out.

http://www.troubadour.uk.com/?page_id=6

I've bought (and subsequently sold) Martin Backpacker, Baby Taylor, and like this one better than either one. Like the Backpacker (and Rover) you will need to add a strap to keep it from running away from you.

Awesome - I do have a Martin Backpacker steel string. Not a huge fan after 15 years of arm wrestling with it.

The draw for me is nylon strings... Thats why that washburn was compelling.

I'm also lookingat picking up a washburn rover, not sure if I would get the classical or the regular guy. I got some graduation money so I have a hard decision to make, another ukulele(just bought my first), a travel guitar, or a twelve string guitar. Ah choices. :D

I'm also lookingat picking up a washburn rover, not sure if I would get the classical or the regular guy. I got some graduation money so I have a hard decision to make, another ukulele(just bought my first), a travel guitar, or a twelve string guitar. Ah choices. :D

I'll sell you mine... it is mint condition. I have the box and everything. I really have never played it more than a few minutes when I first had it... perhaps an hour total.

I spend my time with the Martins and the Ibanez when I am playing guitar.

I'll sell you mine... it is mint condition. I have the box and everything. I really have never played it more than a few minutes when I first had it... perhaps an hour total.

I spend my time with the Martins and the Ibanez when I am playing guitar.
Steel or Nylon?

I've considered this one as a classical option... Did you check youtube for sound samples?

Top Bottom