Season 94 - Opposite Week

vct33

Reaction score
I'm so excited to be hosting a Season for the first time. I'm gonna do something a little different and I hope it's received well from the seasonistas.

THEME: Opposite Week

CHALLENGE: Two songs with opposites in the titles.

Eg - Back in Black and Little White Lies
- Good Rockin Tonight and Bad Medicine

RULES:

* Each seasonista can submit ONE entry which consists of TWO songs.
* The songs MUST have opposites in their titles.
* Both songs posted simultaneously. (in other words within a few minutes of each other and not days apart)
* No bonus videos this week. Sorry, with two songs per entry, I'd like to keep the extra videos to a minimum.
* Multi-tracking is allowed but it is not my preference.
* Season ends at 11:59 pm Hawaii Time on Sunday 12/8.
* Please indicate in the video that the songs have been recorded for Season 94.

JUDGING: I will be choosing 2-3 winners at the end of the week and prizes will be awarded.

BONUS POINTS:

* Creative opposites
* Performing both songs in a single continuous take
* Multiple Opposites (eg. - Good Day Sunshine & Bad Moon Rising)

I hope that covers all the bases. I look forward to your entries. Have fun ! !

RULES UPDATE: OK, in response to a few questions here is an update to the rules. It MUST be two songs however if you can make a medley or megamix out of the songs, that is acceptable.

Playlist - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnd6ocseu9A&list=PL2TjgI96wy84PiwfQxKCh03Cnv32KPW3M

Last edited:
My first thoughts were 'The fever' vs 'I ain't got the fever no more' and 'I'm so glad I'm living in the USA' vs 'I'm so bored with the USA' - do those kinds of opposites count?

My first thoughts were 'The fever' vs 'I ain't got the fever no more' and 'I'm so glad I'm living in the USA' vs 'I'm so bored with the USA' - do those kinds of opposites count?

No. Sorry. Songs with opposites in the titles.

Also: a question.
I'm assuming songs with opposites in the title don't count-
e.g.Black and White Rag or Single Girl Married Girl?
You definitely want two songs, correct?

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask , but his
RULES:

I found 2, can we mash them , or is this taking

too far

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask , but his
RULES:

I found 2, can we mash them , or is this taking

too far

I would accept a medley of two different songs that fit the other criteria.

super theme, vct33!

okay. i worry that i'm early, if i'm posting first, but i'm sure it's good time now...

my opposites theme is photographically / filmically (is that a word? can we make it a word?) / optically inspired – black and white vs colours

first up vid is colours – it's a donovan song but the first version i ever heard was by joan baez... i love her version

enough of perfection – here's my take...

colours...

moving briskly along to my second vid – black and white...

this is a eurovision (*squeals with excitement*) song – it was the 2012 entry by kaliopi for the former yugoslav republic of macedonia, it was brilliant, it was my favourite to win, but sadly my favourites to win never do win, but what the hey, it was still brilliant

if you have one millionth of the fun listening to my take, as i had doing it, then you're in for a really great time! :)

crno i belo...

or in the english translation...

black and white...

So my take is that you want just one video from each entrant containing the two songs in question?

So my take is that you want just one video from each entrant containing the two songs in question?
i took it as meaning two songs that could ...

either a. be two seperate videos (but they must be posted on the thread at the same time ie. in 2 consecutive posts as full embedded video posts, or as a single post if you just post two links or an embedded vid and a link...)(i say all that blah because i don't think you can have two embedded vids in one post)
RULES:
* Both songs posted simultaneously.
(that just doesn't really make sense if it has to be two songs in one vid... how do you post your one vid simultaneously? simultaneously to what? simultaneously to your other vid, surely...)

OR b. if you can do both songs in a single take, that would be two songs in a single video
BONUS POINTS:

so you have the choice of doing one vid with two songs in it in a single take... or two vids with one song each

i am prepared to be corrected but not willingly!

I think the general idea is to have ONE entry containing two songs of opposite meanings back to back as to highlight the opposites in ONE vid.

OK.
This was a no brainer for me.
My wife's two favourite words are always and never.
As in I never do the right things and always do the wrong things.
So here is NEVER,
Never Get Out Of This World Alive by Hank Williams.

Last edited:
Top Bottom