FS Gary Gill Pear Shaped Tenor As New

Status
Not open for further replies.

scdano

Reaction score
I got this tenor new from Gary a couple of weeks ago. I've been building and playing super concerts for a few years and I thought I'd give the pear shaped body a try. It's a very well made instrument and I'd keep it if not for the fact that it's body is a bit larger than what I'm comfortable with. I've also gotten used to my super concert necks, which are thicker with wider string spacing. Like old Harmony guitars. It's got a very bright voice with plenty of volume and the intonation is also very good. I just can't get comfortable with the body shape. Gary sent the uke with medium/high action for the end user to set up, so I've set it up with .090" at the 12th fret and .020" at the first fret. It plays really nicely now. This uke has pretty standard string spacing and neck profile for a tenor. I've strung it hi-G with new Aquila Reds with a Worth Brown A. I also added small side marker dots to the fingerboard. This would be a great buy at twice the asking price. I've had most of the K brands, as well as a Collings before I started building my own, and I can honestly say that this is one of the top players in the under $600 category. Hand made in the USA, it's a no brainer if you like the body style. My comments are personal preference only and should in no way be taken as complaints. I paid $375 shipped and I'll take $320 shipped CONUS. Link below has the uke's specs.[/LEFT​
]

c.jpgg.JPGre.jpgww.jpgz.jpg
Here's a link to the original posting-

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...enor-w-Sitka-Spruce-soundboard&highlight=gill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom