Mya Moe Cascade Series: Opinions? Does anyone own one?

katysax

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm in the queue to get a Mya Moe. It's going to be a 14 fret concert and I'm seriously considering having it done from the Cascade Series. There are so many choices for wood and binding it's staggering. Do you think the Maple bridge would be a problem?

No problem at all Katy. Other builders use it too. The fact that it also is a hardwood like rosewood and ebony means its properties will be similar. And it looks pretty hey. I have a cascade series uke (1141). The only thing I don't like about the cascade series is the green leaf inlays on the fretboard. But this strictly an opt-in choice. I agree with you, the woods in that range are stunning. :)

I have two Cascade Series Mya Moe ukes (1184 & 796) and have not had any problems with either one. As Eugene said, maple has been used by other builders for years.

Mitch

I don't have a full-on cascade series, but I opted for the cascade series neck, bridge and fingerboard on my 6-string baritone (1202), and I'm extremely pleased with it. I was very hesitant going in, but took the leap and it's exceeded my expectations. Good luck!

Does the green leaf cost extra?

Top Bottom