2nd Ukulele - Cocobolo & Cedar

MiguelPSenent

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just finished my second ukulele. I got addicted after the first one and couldn't stop thinking about making another, so I decided to design my own.
The special thing about this one is that it is neither a concert nor a tenor, but the inbetween (length scale of around 16 in), which I consider the size that best suits my needs.

Woods: Cocobolo back and sides, cedar top, cocobolo fingerboard, mahogany neck, ebony bridge and a ebony-rosewood-cocobolo-cedar-spruce (a nice color gradient using leftovers!) headplate.

I hope you enjoy the pictures :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miguelperezsenent/sets/72157638320567203/

Answering some questions arisen in my previous topic: all the tools and shop are my father's garage. He has always been into wood working to some extent, so I was lucky to be able to have the things I needed.
I am pretty happy with the result being the second instrument I build. Shortly I'll be moving from my city in Spain to London, so this will be the last one I can make in a long time. I hope it will be a good travel companion!

Miguel

Very nice!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

keep uke'in',

Lovely. I am enamored of the glow that cocobolo has.
Anne

Beautiful. I love the looks of Cocobolo, but, I have a sensitivity to it. Because of that I usually refer to it as the "Diablo wood".

Top Bottom